Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT(ish) - speed of refund request acceptance on Amazon

On Tue, 25 Aug 2020 14:25:54 +0000, David wrote:

I ordered a window stay, and although it initially tracked as in the
Royal Mail system waiting for delivery it suddenly showed as delivered
in Mastric two days before I had placed the order.

I put in a request for a refund, and expected to get an email saying
that the request had been received and was under review.

This seemed to be very fast.

I am now wondering if they automatically approve anything under a
certain value, if the tracking information was enough, or if the Amazon
Marketplace supplier was a known problem.

Whatever, I am now still without the window stay I wanted.

An update: noting that the OP dates was 25th August and it is now 15th
October.

I was refunded for the stay, and have just double checked and the refund
has been processed and no further charge has so far been made.

Today, with no warning from Amazon (which normally notifies dispatch and
delivery of items) I received the window stay via DHL (noting the original
carrier was allegedly Royal Mail.

The invoice is "interesting".

Order date: 13/08/2020
Invoice date: 14/10/2020
Payment received: 13/08/2020 Amazon

Oh, and the invoice has a discount voucher printed on it which is valid
until 30/09/2020 (!). Invoice printed 14/10/2020.

So there seems to be an inability to find posterior with both hands.

I will now have to keep an eye on my credit card for a week or so in case
they try to charge it again, but the invoice does say that it has been
paid.

I am now considering if Amazon will accept a charge for an item 2 months
after they refunded it!

Bemused as usual.

Dave R

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 15:32:31 +0000, David wrote:

[...]

I have made about three am returns to Amazon recently at a Hermes pick up
point and had an aknowledgement with money being refunded within the day.