Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

Default Is it me or not, being suspicious.

Just seen and ad on Farcebook for a mini chain saw, the one in the filmed
demo is a STIHL made unit, but when you go to the shop page to purchase
the item shown for £29.99 it is a GTA 26 with no STIHL markings at all.
Header says 2020 HOT SELLING-GTA 26 Battery-Powered Wood Cutter. For that
price I expect it is a Chinese copy.

Interestingly when you pause the demo video, the demo screen goes black,
so I recorded it with a screen recorder.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 15/10/2020 14:42, jon wrote:

Just seen and ad on Farcebook for a mini chain saw, the one in the filmed
demo is a STIHL made unit, but when you go to the shop page to purchase
the item shown for £29.99 it is a GTA 26 with no STIHL markings at all.
Header says 2020 HOT SELLING-GTA 26 Battery-Powered Wood Cutter. For that
price I expect it is a Chinese copy.

Interestingly when you pause the demo video, the demo screen goes black,
so I recorded it with a screen recorder.

Why bother? You're clearly not going to buy a Stihl saw for 30 quid. So,
either buy the cheap copy for 30 quid ... or don't.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 15:27:19 +0100, GB wrote:

On 15/10/2020 14:42, jon wrote:

Just seen and ad on Farcebook for a mini chain saw, the one in the
filmed demo is a STIHL made unit, but when you go to the shop page to
purchase the item shown for £29.99 it is a GTA 26 with no STIHL
markings at all. Header says 2020 HOT SELLING-GTA 26 Battery-Powered
Wood Cutter. For that price I expect it is a Chinese copy.

Interestingly when you pause the demo video, the demo screen goes
black, so I recorded it with a screen recorder.

Why bother? You're clearly not going to buy a Stihl saw for 30 quid. So,
either buy the cheap copy for 30 quid ... or don't.

Not buying anything, just highlighting the anomaly.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 15/10/2020 14:42, jon wrote:

Just seen and ad on Farcebook for a mini chain saw, the one in the
filmed demo is a STIHL made unit, but when you go to the shop page to
purchase the item shown for £29.99 it is a GTA 26 with no STIHL
markings at all. Header says 2020 HOT SELLING-GTA 26 Battery-Powered
Wood Cutter. For that price I expect it is a Chinese copy.

Interestingly when you pause the demo video, the demo screen goes
black, so I recorded it with a screen recorder.

Why bother? You're clearly not going to buy a Stihl saw for 30 quid. So,
either buy the cheap copy for 30 quid ... or don't.

Not buying anything, just highlighting the anomaly.

I've not bought anything off a facebook ad, and your tale doesn't
encourage me to. There are some very very dodgy sellers out there, and
at least Amazon MP and Ebay give you some protection.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
jon wrote:
Just seen and ad on Farcebook for a mini chain saw, the one in the filmed
demo is a STIHL made unit, but when you go to the shop page to purchase
the item shown for £29.99 it is a GTA 26 with no STIHL markings at all.
Header says 2020 HOT SELLING-GTA 26 Battery-Powered Wood Cutter. For that
price I expect it is a Chinese copy.

Interestingly when you pause the demo video, the demo screen goes black,
so I recorded it with a screen recorder.

Be very careful with these FB ads. It's quite likely all you get for that
29.99 is a spare chain. They did a similar trick with modelling saw
benches. Where you can buy spare blades on Ebay for a couple of quid. But
the ad showed the complete saw.

--
*What are the pink bits in my tyres? Cyclists & Joggers*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/10/2020 16:50, GB wrote:

I've not bought anything off a facebook ad, and your tale doesn't
encourage me to.

There are NO sellers on Facebook selling the genuine articles!