Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone recognise this laser level?

Just bought this at a car boot for a fiver. Don't yet know whether it
works 'cos it needs 4 C-type batteries and I don't have any spare ones.

https://app.box.com/s/0emfrdtqg6faalg7oek1fvxtiu5shcna

Almost certainly a far eastern import - there are no ID markings on it
whatsoever.

It's mounted on a right-angled resin bracket, so could probably be hung
from a wall as an alternative to the tripod. It has levelling screws,
but doesn't appear to be self-levelling. The upturned eggcup on the top
rotates - or would if powered - and has a prism inside it.

The moulded carrying case has some empty slots - suggesting that there
had ought to be other bits. There are no instructions!

Does anyone recognise this animal? Is there anything vital missing?
Where might I find some generic instructions?

TIA!

--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote:

Does anyone recognise this animal?

https://www.igmtools.com/rotary-laser-level-kit
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns Wrote in message:
Roger Mills wrote:

Does anyone recognise this animal?

https://www.igmtools.com/rotary-laser-level-kit

impressive!
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2020 18:49, Andy Burns wrote:
Roger Mills wrote:

Does anyone recognise this animal?

https://www.igmtools.com/rotary-laser-level-kit

That's the one - thanks!

--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

https://www.igmtools.com/rotary-laser-level-kit

That's the one - thanks!

There's a UK supplier, rather than that Czech one, still not much info

https://www.tradeshopdirect.co.uk/rotary-laser-level-kit

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2020 18:25, Roger Mills wrote:
Just bought this at a car boot for a fiver. Don't yet know whether it
works 'cos it needs 4 C-type batteries and I don't have any spare ones.

https://app.box.com/s/0emfrdtqg6faalg7oek1fvxtiu5shcna

Almost certainly a far eastern import - there are no ID markings on it
whatsoever.

It's mounted on a right-angled resin bracket, so could probably be hung
from a wall as an alternative to the tripod. It has levelling screws,
but doesn't appear to be self-levelling. The upturned eggcup on the top
rotates - or would if powered - and has a prism inside it.

The moulded carrying case has some empty slots - suggesting that there
had ought to be other bits. There are no instructions!

Does anyone recognise this animal? Is there anything vital missing?
Where might I find some generic instructions?

TIA!

I bouight something very similar, only in yellow, at least 20 years ago.
Not very powerful. It stopped rotating, but I took it apart and got it
going again with a bit of fettling. IIRC it was an electrical problem.

Mine came in a blow moulded case a bit larger than a briefcase,
including a reasonable tripod.