Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone recognise this boiler?

I've just spent a few days in a holiday let in Cornwall, where the heating
and hot water was provided by an elderly-ish boiler which was unfamiliar to
me. Since one of the days was wet, and there was little point in going out,
I decided to investigate and take a few pictures - as one does(!)

The boiler was installed under a kitchen work-top, and was about the same
size as a dishwasher. On the front it said "Worcester Heatslave 2+", and the
model number shown on the rating plate inside was 30/42B - as can be seen
from:
http://www.mills37.plus.com/boiler_front.JPG and
http://www.mills37.plus.com/boiler_plate.JPG

Inside - in addition to the heat exchanger, gas valve, etc. - was a lagged
hot water tank, a pump and (according to the circuit diagram) a motorised
valve - although I couldn't see that, so it was probably behind the control
panel (which I didn't think I'd better dismantle!). The inside looks like:
http://www.mills37.plus.com/boiler_inside.JPG

A Google search on the GC# shown on the rating plate led to a record in the
Sedbuk database, as follows:
"001112,000005,Thorn EMI Heating,Thorn EMI
Heating,Marathon,30/42b,4178945,,1983,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,8.8,12.3,,,65,3,,0 ,2,1,20,0,0,,0,0,,,,,,,,2000/Feb/28
09:58"

I don't know what the column headings are, but Thorn EMI is presumably the
manufacturer, 30/42B the model, and 1983 the year of manufacture (there is
other evidence that that's when the flat was built - so seems reasonable).
On the back of the door there was a manufacturer's contact number starting
with 0905 (Worcester, before the '1' was later inserted).

I presume that Thorn EMI were using the 'Worcester' brand in the 1980's. Is
there any connection between this and Worcester-Bosch?

I'm not sure whether or not the boiler is a combi - anyone care to hazard a
guess? The primary side is vented, with a small F&E tank in a cupboard. I
could find no header tank for the DHW - which appeared to come out of the
taps at mains pressure. There was also no hot cylinder external to the
boiler - but I guess that the internal tank held several gallons. If you
turned the boiler stat up to High, you could get a reasonable bath fairly
quickly before the water ran cold.

Are there any boiler archaeologists out there who can shed any light on this
beast?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote:
[...]

The internal picture shown several similarities with my Thorn M44/54.
I've owned it since 1982 and it was in the house prior to the conversion
to natural gas in the Southampton area when ever that was.
It is still going strong and is a doddle to maintain and spares still
available. I aslo have aspare one in the garage that I've not needed to
canibalise yet.

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Roger Mills
writes
[...]

As you say, its a Worcester (9.24?) Heatslave, a fairly common boiler in
its day

Prolly got a manual for it somewhere

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Minchin wrote:

The internal picture shown several similarities with my Thorn M44/54.
I've owned it since 1982 and it was in the house prior to the
conversion to natural gas in the Southampton area when ever that was.
It is still going strong and is a doddle to maintain and spares still
available. I aslo have aspare one in the garage that I've not needed
to canibalise yet.

Bob

Blimey, that could be old then! I don't know how long it took to convert the
whole country, or when in the proceedings Southampton was converted, but my
area (Warwick) was done in about 1969.

[I know because I bought a new (just built) house in 1968, and installed
central heating in it in the spring of 1969. Conversion had *just* taken
place - so I was able to install a NG boiler without having to have a TG
boiler converted].
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 20:30:28 +0100, Roger Mills wrote:

[...]

The typography of the lettering on the front is like that on some early
Worcester (as in Bosch) wall-hung boilers, so the GC number mapping to a
Thorn EMI Marathon (which was indeed a floor-standing boiler - my mum had
one until recently) does suggest some sort of transfer of business from
Thorn EMI to Worcester. Which is odd as I thought Thorn EMI became Ideal.
Maybe they split the storage-combi business off and Worcester bought that
bit and the conventional boiler side became Ideal? I'd guess that this
unit was made after the transfer of business so it was the same GC number
with a bit of badge engineering.

I'm not sure whether or not the boiler is a combi - anyone care to
hazard a guess?

Not a combi as such: the heat input (15kW max) is too small for that. More
a storage combi with a small store of DHW augmented by the rather puny
output of the boiler itself.

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

How odd of God But not so odd as those who choose
To choose the Jews A Jewish god, yet spurn the Jews

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:

As you say, its a Worcester (9.24?) Heatslave, a fairly common boiler
in its day

Prolly got a manual for it somewhere

So is it a combi - or is its internal tank supposed to take the place of a
normal hot water cylinder? According to the rating plate, the max heat
output is around 11kW - which sounds pretty weedy in modern combi terms if
it's supposed to deliver 'instant' hot water.

Did Bosch take over the Worcester brand from Thorn EMI, or is there no
connection?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Roger Mills
writes
geoff wrote:

As you say, its a Worcester (9.24?) Heatslave, a fairly common boiler
in its day

Prolly got a manual for it somewhere

So is it a combi -

Doesn't look like it - dunno, it looks like its pre electronic, so our
paths won't have crossed. There are several later versions which do

or is its internal tank supposed to take the place of a
normal hot water cylinder? According to the rating plate, the max heat
output is around 11kW - which sounds pretty weedy in modern combi terms if
it's supposed to deliver 'instant' hot water.

Did Bosch take over the Worcester brand from Thorn EMI, or is there no
connection?

They have mostly been in bed with each other at some point

Thorn to Worcester - dunno

Thorn and Myson have been married in the past

Stelrad were taken over by Ideal

Baxi own Potterton

Bosch bought out Worcester

Other than that ... life's too short

--
bumsnase
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21 June, 20:30, "Roger Mills" wrote:
I've just spent a few days in a holiday let in Cornwall, where the heating
and hot water was provided by an elderly-ish boiler which was unfamiliar to
me. Since one of the days was wet, and there was little point in going out,
I decided to investigate and take a few pictures - as one does(!)

****ing hell, what's the next excursion? A trip to north wales to rod
the drains and provide schematics for sewage system??
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
" writes:

****ing hell, what's the next excursion? A trip to north wales to rod
the drains and provide schematics for sewage system??

Yesterday morning, parents call up.
"What time are you arriving for lunch?"
followed by
"Could you buy a new set of drain rods on the way"
so I had a small detour via B&Q (unsuitable drain rod
set) and then Screwfix.

Took longer that I thought, as there turned out to be two
different tree root blockages about 8m apart, which meant
the lamb was slightly overcooked by the time I was finished,
but still very nice.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article
,
" writes:

****ing hell, what's the next excursion? A trip to north wales to rod
the drains and provide schematics for sewage system??

Yesterday morning, parents call up.
"What time are you arriving for lunch?"
followed by
"Could you buy a new set of drain rods on the way"
so I had a small detour via B&Q (unsuitable drain rod
set) and then Screwfix.

Took longer that I thought, as there turned out to be two
different tree root blockages about 8m apart, which meant
the lamb was slightly overcooked by the time I was finished,
but still very nice.

Especially with that unmistakable and characteristic whiff of drains about
you, no doubt!

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

YAPH wrote:

The typography of the lettering on the front is like that on some
early Worcester (as in Bosch) wall-hung boilers, so the GC number
mapping to a Thorn EMI Marathon (which was indeed a floor-standing
boiler - my mum had one until recently) does suggest some sort of
transfer of business from Thorn EMI to Worcester. Which is odd as I
thought Thorn EMI became Ideal. Maybe they split the storage-combi
business off and Worcester bought that bit and the conventional
boiler side became Ideal? I'd guess that this unit was made after the
transfer of business so it was the same GC number with a bit of badge
engineering.

Further research indicates that Bosch took over Worcester in 1992 - so this
particular boiler pre-dates the takeover by almost 10 years. It does
actually refer to Thorn EMI inside - so I'm pretty sure that they made it,
without any 'badge engineering' being necessary.

I don't know about Ideal - maybe others will. Geoff indicated that Thorn EMI
and Bosch had been in bed together - which is borne out by references to
collaboration on HDTV systems etc., if you Google on that combination of
companies.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 June, 02:21, "
wrote:
On 21 June, 20:30, "Roger Mills" wrote:

I've just spent a few days in a holiday let in Cornwall, where the heating
and hot water was provided by an elderly-ish boiler which was unfamiliar to
me. Since one of the days was wet, and there was little point in going out,
I decided to investigate and take a few pictures - as one does(!)

****ing hell, what's the next excursion? A trip to north wales to rod
the drains and provide schematics for sewage system??

There's a fine line between interesting and nerdy.
Of course I'm always on the right side of that line !
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message

They have mostly been in bed with each other at some point
Thorn to Worcester - dunno
Thorn and Myson have been married in the past
Stelrad were taken over by Ideal
Baxi own Potterton
Bosch bought out Worcester
Other than that ... life's too short

Fantastic Maxie, fantastic! What a man! People like you are superb. Yes,
superb. A breath of fresh air.

Myson bought Thorn EMI Heating in January 1986
Blue Circle Industries bought Birmid Qualcast in 1988
Blue Circle acquired Myson in 1990
Baxi bought Blue Circle's heating division in 2000

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"geoff" wrote in message

They have mostly been in bed with each other at some point
Thorn to Worcester - dunno
Thorn and Myson have been married in the past
Stelrad were taken over by Ideal
Baxi own Potterton
Bosch bought out Worcester
Other than that ... life's too short

Fantastic Maxie, fantastic! What a man! People like you are superb. Yes,
superb. A breath of fresh air.

Myson bought Thorn EMI Heating in January 1986
Blue Circle Industries bought Birmid Qualcast in 1988
Blue Circle acquired Myson in 1990
Baxi bought Blue Circle's heating division in 2000

.. . . which throws no light whatsoever on Thorn EMI's ownership of the
'Worcester' brand, and it's subsequent transfer to Bosch!
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article
,
" writes:

****ing hell, what's the next excursion? A trip to north wales to rod
the drains and provide schematics for sewage system??

Yesterday morning, parents call up.
"What time are you arriving for lunch?"
followed by
"Could you buy a new set of drain rods on the way"

No such thing as a free lunch - as they say.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"YAPH" wrote in message

A Google search on the GC# shown on the rating plate led to a record in
the
Sedbuk database, as follows:
"001112,000005,Thorn EMI Heating,Thorn EMI
Heating,Marathon

On the back of the door there was a manufacturer's contact number
starting
with 0905 (Worcester, before the '1' was later inserted).

I presume that Thorn EMI were using the 'Worcester' brand in the 1980's.
Is
there any connection between this and Worcester-Bosch?

The typography of the lettering on the front is like that on some early
Worcester (as in Bosch) wall-hung boilers, so the GC number mapping to a
Thorn EMI Marathon (which was indeed a floor-standing boiler - my mum had
one until recently) does suggest some sort of transfer of business from
Thorn EMI to Worcester.

It is a Worcester Heatslave - it says on the box. They used the Thorn
boiler because it was very slim for the time and could fit in the box. It
was the first combi in the UK in the 1970s. I forget the operation. It may
have been a thermal store coil inside or maybe an external bubble type of
heat exchanger to heat the water instantly. They were used in flats and the
larger burners in some houses. They were reliable enough but expensive -
but cheap if the tanks and cylinder in a system are eliminated in an system.
It suffered from ignorance by bathroom changing plumbers, who never
understood it - nothing has changed - and were put off by the high price of
the "box", not doing the sums for the whole system, which case it was
cheaper. The Heatslave went through many serious improvements as combis
improved spurred by Vaillant, and the name today only applies to an oil
combi I believe.

Parts are pretty well available today, well the main control parts.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
It is a Worcester Heatslave - it says on the box. They used the Thorn
boiler because it was very slim for the time and could fit in the box.
It was the first combi in the UK in the 1970s. I forget the operation.
It may have been a thermal store coil inside or maybe an external
bubble type of heat exchanger to heat the water instantly. They were
used in flats and the larger burners in some houses. They were
reliable enough but expensive - but cheap if the tanks and cylinder in
a system are eliminated in an system. It suffered from ignorance by
bathroom changing plumbers, who never understood it - nothing has
changed - and were put off by the high price of the "box", not doing
the sums for the whole system, which case it was cheaper.

You jest, I assume? Go to any 'bathroom changing plumber' these days and
they will want to fit a combi - as a few of my pals have found out to
their regret.

--
*Why do psychics have to ask you for your name? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 21, 8:30*pm, "Roger Mills" wrote:
I've just spent a few days in a holiday let in Cornwall, where the heating
and hot water was provided by an elderly-ish boiler which was unfamiliar to
me. Since one of the days was wet, and there was little point in going out,
I decided to investigate and take a few pictures - as one does(!)

You need to get out more - even if it is raining.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
It is a Worcester Heatslave - it says on the box. They used the Thorn
boiler because it was very slim for the time and could fit in the box.
It was the first combi in the UK in the 1970s. I forget the operation.
It may have been a thermal store coil inside or maybe an external
bubble type of heat exchanger to heat the water instantly. They were
used in flats and the larger burners in some houses. They were
reliable enough but expensive - but cheap if the tanks and cylinder in
a system are eliminated in an system. It suffered from ignorance by
bathroom changing plumbers, who never understood it - nothing has
changed - and were put off by the high price of the "box", not doing
the sums for the whole system, which case it was cheaper.

You

Please eff off as you a total plantpot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Man at B&Q wrote:

On Jun 21, 8:30 pm, "Roger Mills" wrote:
I've just spent a few days in a holiday let in Cornwall, where the
heating and hot water was provided by an elderly-ish boiler which
was unfamiliar to me. Since one of the days was wet, and there was
little point in going out, I decided to investigate and take a few
pictures - as one does(!)

You need to get out more - even if it is raining.

Yes, sad, isn't it?! g
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Bob Mannix" writes:
"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message

Yesterday morning, parents call up.
"What time are you arriving for lunch?"
followed by
"Could you buy a new set of drain rods on the way"
so I had a small detour via B&Q (unsuitable drain rod
set) and then Screwfix.

Took longer that I thought, as there turned out to be two
different tree root blockages about 8m apart, which meant
the lamb was slightly overcooked by the time I was finished,
but still very nice.

Especially with that unmistakable and characteristic whiff of drains about
you, no doubt!

Yes, just as we sat down, mum said "oh, I didn't make any gravy".
I said not to worry -- seen enough gravy for one day already.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote:
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"geoff" wrote in message

They have mostly been in bed with each other at some point
Thorn to Worcester - dunno
Thorn and Myson have been married in the past
Stelrad were taken over by Ideal
Baxi own Potterton
Bosch bought out Worcester
Other than that ... life's too short

Fantastic Maxie, fantastic! What a man! People like you are superb. Yes,
superb. A breath of fresh air.

Myson bought Thorn EMI Heating in January 1986
Blue Circle Industries bought Birmid Qualcast in 1988
Blue Circle acquired Myson in 1990
Baxi bought Blue Circle's heating division in 2000

. . . which throws no light whatsoever on Thorn EMI's ownership of the
'Worcester' brand, and it's subsequent transfer to Bosch!

Well of course not - that would have meant dribble actually answered a
question - and that could have blown his reputation!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
Roger Mills wrote:
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"geoff" wrote in message

They have mostly been in bed with each other at some point
Thorn to Worcester - dunno
Thorn and Myson have been married in the past
Stelrad were taken over by Ideal
Baxi own Potterton
Bosch bought out Worcester
Other than that ... life's too short
Fantastic Maxie, fantastic! What a man! People like you are superb.
Yes, superb. A breath of fresh air.

Myson bought Thorn EMI Heating in January 1986
Blue Circle Industries bought Birmid Qualcast in 1988
Blue Circle acquired Myson in 1990
Baxi bought Blue Circle's heating division in 2000

. . . which throws no light whatsoever on Thorn EMI's ownership of the
'Worcester' brand, and it's subsequent transfer to Bosch!

Well of course not - that would have meant dribble actually answered a
question - and that could have blown his reputation!

This man is a Chav from Essex. Yes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 12:11:30 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

You jest, I assume? Go to any 'bathroom changing plumber' these days and
they will want to fit a combi - as a few of my pals have found out to
their regret.

That's these days. With respect to Drivel he was talking about 3 decades
ago. How many audio engineers would have gone for digital in those days?

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

It's bad luck to be superstitious.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
YAPH wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 12:11:30 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

You jest, I assume? Go to any 'bathroom changing plumber' these days
and they will want to fit a combi - as a few of my pals have found out
to their regret.

That's these days. With respect to Drivel he was talking about 3 decades
ago. How many audio engineers would have gone for digital in those days?

He as usual suggested that they made the wrong decision *then* not to
*change* to a combi. It's still often a wrong decision.

--
*We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
YAPH wrote:
That's these days. With respect to Drivel he was talking about 3 decades
ago. How many audio engineers would have gone for digital in those days?

Go for digital 3 decades ago? Most. Digital workstations and PCM recorders
were around by them - and like all such things welcomed with gusto. Audio
types love their toys.

--
*Succeed, in spite of management *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 10:16:49 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
YAPH wrote:
That's these days. With respect to Drivel he was talking about 3 decades
ago. How many audio engineers would have gone for digital in those days?

Go for digital 3 decades ago? Most. Digital workstations and PCM recorders
were around by them - and like all such things welcomed with gusto. Audio
types love their toys.

Fair enough, it was a bad example. Not that plumbing types are any less
fond of their toys, but kit we install in punters' houses and only get to
play with if it goes wrong isn't our idea of fun toys.

In that respect the 'bathroom changing plumbers' Drivel derided were
right: at the time when combis hadn't proved their reliability any
installer making a living from their work would be justified in avoiding
them in favour of proven technology, whether they understood them or not.

Nowadays combis are a hard to beat on price, performance and reliability
so many engineers who know perfectly well how to build a 'proper' hot
water system still install combis where they're appropriate to the size of
house, size of household, and size of householder's budget. There are also
'bathroom changing plumbers' who don't know any better who install them
regardless of whether they're appropriate.

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

Death is nature's way of telling you to slow down
Posted to uk.d-i-y

YAPH wrote:
That's these days. With respect to Drivel he was talking about 3
decades ago. How many audio engineers would have gone for digital in
those days?

Go for digital 3 decades ago? Most. Digital workstations and PCM
recorders were around by them - and like all such things welcomed with
gusto. Audio types love their toys.

Fair enough, it was a bad example. Not that plumbing types are any less
fond of their toys, but kit we install in punters' houses and only get
to play with if it goes wrong isn't our idea of fun toys.

I can see that.

In that respect the 'bathroom changing plumbers' Drivel derided were
right: at the time when combis hadn't proved their reliability any
installer making a living from their work would be justified in avoiding
them in favour of proven technology, whether they understood them or not.

My point was dribble's constant answer to any question is that a combi is
the answer to everything. And has done for many a year. For a new install
it might be the cheapest option. But he - like plenty others - recommend
ripping out a storage system and fitting one regardless.

Nowadays combis are a hard to beat on price, performance and reliability
so many engineers who know perfectly well how to build a 'proper' hot
water system still install combis where they're appropriate to the size
of house, size of household, and size of householder's budget. There are
also 'bathroom changing plumbers' who don't know any better who install
them regardless of whether they're appropriate.

Again, my point exactly. I don't want some plumber second guessing what
will work best for me. Very few will give you the options and pros and
cons - they will simply recommend what is easiest for them to fit and give
the biggest profit.

Which is why a group like this is very worthwhile. If you ignore dribble.
;-)

--
*On the other hand, you have different fingers*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

YAPH wrote:
[...]

I read this tripe, and what tripe it was. If the mains supply is suitable
then a combi should be the first choice. There are high quality, two
bathroom, combis around, wall and floor mounted. Amateurs don't know this.

The worst setup is a cold tank in the loft and cylinder. Should be avoided
at all costs.

This is hilarious. Only from a total plantpot. This lunatic didn't know the
difference between high and low pressure taps. He bought high pressure taps
for his sink (cut the tap tails short as well) then wondered why he was only
getting a dribble out of the taps. He posted here asking why. Anyone with
sense would go out and buy a proper set of low pressure taps and fit them.
Do a Google around July August 2006. Hilarious!

He wrote....
"I had the same problem after installing a high pressure only 'mixer' tapin
the kitchen"
"I installed the pump under the sink. Works a treat."

He put a pump under the sink to get the pressure up on the mixer instead of
changing the mixer taps. Hilarious...hilarious. The best yet. "A pump on
one tap". I've never heard that one. Only from a uk.d-i-y Lunatic
Association (affiliated) member. Yes, you read this sort of thing here.
Good for a laugh indeed.

The problem is a novice might believe all this plantpot and take the advice.
That is the serious and dangerous part.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Again, my point exactly. I don't want some plumber second guessing
what will work best for me. Very few will give you the options and
pros and cons - they will simply recommend what is easiest for them to
fit and give the biggest profit.

Which is why a group like this is very worthwhile. If you ignore
dribble. ;-)

I read this tripe, and what tripe it was. If the mains supply is
suitable then a combi should be the first choice.

I rest my case.

--
*Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Again, my point exactly. I don't want some plumber second guessing
what will work best for me. Very few will give you the options and
pros and cons - they will simply recommend what is easiest for them to
fit and give the biggest profit.

Which is why a group like this is very worthwhile. If you ignore
dribble. ;-)

I read this tripe, and what tripe it was. If the mains supply is
suitable then a combi should be the first choice.

Please eff off as you are a total plantpot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Dave Plowman Snip ramblings)

The problem is a novice might believe all this plantpot and take the
advice. That is the serious and dangerous part.

I think most here would take Mr P's advice rather than yours any day. I
certainly would.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Dave Plowman Snip ramblings)

The problem is a novice might believe all this plantpot and take the
advice. That is the serious and dangerous part.

I think most here would take Mr P's advice rather than yours any day. I
certainly would.

Plenty more here with much more knowledge than me. But I try to give both
sides as I see it - not the one size fits all so beloved of dribble. And
even that changes with the wind...

--
*Avoid clichés like the plague. (They're old hat.) *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Dave Plowman Snip ramblings)

The problem is a novice might believe all this plantpot and take the
advice. That is the serious and dangerous part.

I think

Don't think! You are a plantpot!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Dave Plowman Snip ramblings)

The problem is a novice might believe all this plantpot and take the
advice. That is the serious and dangerous part.

I think most here would take Mr P's advice rather than yours any day. I
certainly would.

Plenty

Please eff off as you are a plantpot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sky Sky is offline

replying to Roger Mills, Sky wrote:
Hi I just saw your message do you know where this was and does anybody have a
boiler like this laying around?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...er-566691-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

That is not a very flattering term for the Wife, now is it?
:-)
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Sky" m wrote in message
replying to Roger Mills, Sky wrote:
Hi I just saw your message do you know where this was and does anybody
have a
boiler like this laying around?

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...er-566691-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in
:

https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-boiler-56669
1-.htm

I had one in my 1988 build. A storage Combi. Gravity CH / Mains DHW. Only a
15mm gas feed. Room Vented
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/01/2019 09:49, DerbyBorn wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote in
:

https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-boiler-56669
1-.htm

I had one in my 1988 build. A storage Combi. Gravity CH / Mains DHW. Only a
15mm gas feed. Room Vented

the plate says 240V AC; hope it copes with 210- 230 volts that
we seem to be getting these days.

I used to get 242 volts and hardly any variation up to about
a decode ago, now it varies from 211 to 226 volts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew explained on 26/01/2019 :
the plate says 240V AC; hope it copes with 210- 230 volts that
we seem to be getting these days.

I used to get 242 volts and hardly any variation up to about
a decode ago, now it varies from 211 to 226 volts

Some local issue to you then, ours has always been 240v +-2v

Anybody recognise this? Robin UK diy 15 September 19th 08 01:05 PM
Anyone recognise this mixer shower? rrh UK diy 9 April 12th 06 01:59 PM
Can anybody recognise this plumbing item. I think it may be a de-aerator Tim UK diy 30 April 7th 06 04:39 PM
trying to recognise half inch bsp thread [email protected] UK diy 7 January 25th 06 10:45 PM
Anyone recognise this fuse module? Gerd Busker UK diy 3 February 28th 05 02:14 PM