Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hozelock cr&p

On 06/10/2020 16:44, No Name wrote:
On 06/10/2020 16:30, charles wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* F news@nowhere wrote:
We have a hosepipe with a spray gun on the end. The plastic Hozelock
connector between the gun and the hosepipe is constantly coming off the
end of the hose no matter how tight I screw it up.

Anyone aware of a connector that will do the job better, or accept
something like a jubilee clip to make sure it stays in place, and that
will also take the Hozelock gun?

cut a couple of inches off the pipe and try again

+1

Also make sure that:

The prongs on the conenctor are OUTSIDE the hosepipe

and

That the inner connector tube RIGHT inside is *PUSHED* all the way
inside the hosepipe.

Unless he has very high local water pressure or an undersized piece of
hosepipe I can't see the problem. I have used Hozelock and other still
cheaper clones on my hoses without any bother at all.

User error is the most likely explanation if it isn't gripping properly.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/10/2020 12:54, Martin Brown wrote:
Unless he has very high local water pressure or an undersized piece of
hosepipe I can't see the problem. I have used Hozelock and other still
cheaper clones on my hoses without any bother at all.

User error is the most likely explanation if it isn't gripping properly.

Thank you for your long-distance diagnosis. That's quite impressive
despite you not being able to see the problem.

All new parts. All Hozelock. All assembled correctly. No difference from
Hozelock parts seem to be less well made.

--
Frank