Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hozelock cr&p

On 06/10/2020 16:44, No Name wrote:
On 06/10/2020 16:30, charles wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* F news@nowhere wrote:
We have a hosepipe with a spray gun on the end. The plastic Hozelock
connector between the gun and the hosepipe is constantly coming off the
end of the hose no matter how tight I screw it up.

Anyone aware of a connector that will do the job better, or accept
something like a jubilee clip to make sure it stays in place, and that
will also take the Hozelock gun?

cut a couple of inches off the pipe and try again

+1

Also make sure that:

The prongs on the conenctor are OUTSIDE the hosepipe

and

That the inner connector tube RIGHT inside is *PUSHED* all the way
inside the hosepipe.

Unless he has very high local water pressure or an undersized piece of
hosepipe I can't see the problem. I have used Hozelock and other still
cheaper clones on my hoses without any bother at all.

User error is the most likely explanation if it isn't gripping properly.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown