Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default where to find tim

On Sat, 3 Oct 2020 06:43:38 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Saturday, 3 October 2020 13:58:44 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
I think I'll have a black pudding tonight to compensate.

So what you are saying is that by having some animals blood, flesh (
causing animal pain and suffering) and cereal, that somehow
'compensates' for not causing that?

It's my tummy telling me it wants something nice and meaty fairly soon.

I'm not sure if it's that or your head? I used to enjoy a burger now
and again, and the 'Sausage and Egg McMuffin' (or two) but I can get
all that with meat free alternatives, especially when I remember *why*
I'm doing so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS1XHQ7hoXE

Isn't that like being on a weight reducing diet and compensating for
the lack of food by eating more food?

But the aim of a weight reducing diet is to reduce weight.

Em, yes ...

The aim of a vegetarian diet isn't to lose weight.

Quite ... I was confirming that and hinting that it might not be a
(mental / cravings) issue, if you were doing it for the 'right
reason'?

eg, Most vegetarians / vegans don't eat veg or *just* eat veg because
they prefer the taste as such, but because of what they *aren't*
eating.

Anyway, I haven't had a meaty main meal since Tuesday,

And that's also good to hear (to me etc), even if it wasn't planned
for any reason etc.

so it's not like I'm slaughtering six chickens a week.

It depends how many eggs or egg based products you (one) had over the
same period?

What is it in us that forces us to care for a sick or injured cat or
dog, or 'protect wildlife ... but actually breed, inhumanely keep (in
many cases), psychologically torture and finally kill and eat, 'other
animals?

It just doesn't make sense ... *when* you think about it. ;-(

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 3 October 2020 15:41:06 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
so it's not like I'm slaughtering six chickens a week.

It depends how many eggs or egg based products you (one) had over the
same period?

There were probably eggs in some things incidentally. But no actual eggs (and this week, not even a quiche).

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/10/2020 21:03, ARW wrote:
On 02/10/2020 02:38, Fredxx wrote:
On 02/10/2020 00:43:00, Radio Man wrote:
GB wrote:
On 30/09/2020 21:39, ARW wrote:

Roasting joints, smoked bacon, scallops, Italian salamis etc ?

Why not just put ordinary goods on the shelf for Coeliacs? Much
fun to
be had as you imagine them undergoing emergency treatment.

Shurely coeliacs should be able to read by now?

And vegans are so stupid they cannot read the label.

Even if so, they wouldn't put a chunk of meat in their basket. On the
other hand, coeliacs are so easy to poison ...

It does seem to me very odd that people here are so outspokenly
anti-vegan. Is it just to taunt Tim? It seems to me that cats make
terrible pets compared to dogs, but out of politeness I wouldn't dream
of saying so to a cat lover. (Oops!)

The problem isnt vegans it is bigoted vegans it isnt unusual for us to
have vegetarian meals because we like them not because some bigot
tells us
we cant have meat.

+ 1

-1

We are back to square one.

A vegetarian meal is not always a vegan meal. Imagine drinking a can of
Fosters to go with the vegan meal.

These people are as thick as pig ****.

Even pigs will eat meat and 2 veg given the chance.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/10/2020 21:53, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 20:58:52 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

snip

The list of 'ingredients' on vegan foods like
'sausage' rolls is rather off-putting.

And how does that compare with the same on 'conventional' sausage
rolls OOI?

Cheers, T i m

Depends who made them. Local butcher does very good
sausage rolls and doesn't put rubbish in them because
he only gets prepared carcases from his supplier.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

The list of 'ingredients' on vegan foods like
'sausage' rolls is rather off-putting.

And how does that compare with the same on 'conventional' sausage
rolls OOI?

Depends who made them. Local butcher does very good
sausage rolls and doesn't put rubbish in them because
he only gets prepared carcases from his supplier.

So not really comparing like with like are we?

Mass produced sausage rolls (vegan or otherwise) with hand made local
butcher ones?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/10/2020 19:21:39, Richard wrote:

snip

He does that with *anyone* who has presented facts which he doesn't like.

Yep, he calls facts he doesn't like to hear BS and the corresponding
poster a troll or tosser or both.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/10/2020 11:06:49, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 3 Oct 2020 09:04:34 -0000 (UTC), Radio Man
wrote:

snip

You know you can eat that 'stuff' as well, it's not *just* for people
who have issues eating some other foods or don't want animals tortured
and killed in their name?

Some people are strange ...

You do realise that your approach makes people less likely to eat more
vegetarian food even if they dont give up meat fully.

https://ibb.co/GtpKYLk

If you'd shut up about veganism, I would be more than happy to.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/10/2020 20:57, T i m wrote:

...but it's quite easy to replace egg in many cooked things,
it's fresh eggs (like scrambled or poached) that takes a bit more
effort. I think they do a 'ready to cook' scrambled egg in some
countries (USA?) but I don't think it's here yet (I think you fry it,
at takes a bit longer and many don't notice the difference when given
it g).

If you can't tell the difference between real scrambled eggs and the
synthetic variety, then you have a means to hand of reducing your B12
deficiency without consuming factory-produced supplementation - thus
freeing up agricultural land for real crops instead of those that are
needed to support an artificial narcissistic virtue-signalling lifestyle
choice.

--
Spike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/10/2020 13:32, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 3 Oct 2020 11:51:03 +0100, Richard

snip

How about this then:

https://preview.tinyurl.com/TrussForTim

https://www.cornish-times.co.uk/arti...earchyear=2020

snip

.... or do you think posting that link means you are doing something
practical?

**** you then.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

You know you can eat that 'stuff' as well, it's not *just* for people
who have issues eating some other foods or don't want animals tortured
and killed in their name?

Some people are strange ...

You do realise that your approach makes people less likely to eat more
vegetarian food even if they donÂ’t give up meat fully.

https://ibb.co/GtpKYLk

Not exactly convincing your approach hasnt exactly convinced anyone here
of anything other than that you are a bigot.

snip trolling bs

Just to let you know you are one of the winners of my 'I'm bored with
the pointless troll now so time to ignore them' prizes, just saying

Cheers, T i m

You at least know when youre beaten.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Spike wrote:
On 03/10/2020 20:57, T i m wrote:

...but it's quite easy to replace egg in many cooked things,
it's fresh eggs (like scrambled or poached) that takes a bit more
effort. I think they do a 'ready to cook' scrambled egg in some
countries (USA?) but I don't think it's here yet (I think you fry it,
at takes a bit longer and many don't notice the difference when given
it g).

If you can't tell the difference between real scrambled eggs and the
synthetic variety, then you have a means to hand of reducing your B12
deficiency without consuming factory-produced supplementation - thus
freeing up agricultural land for real crops instead of those that are
needed to support an artificial narcissistic virtue-signalling lifestyle
choice.

That kind of talk, Burt, will really upset your good buddy Frank Hunter
GI4NKBs feelings.

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 4 Oct 2020 11:37:06 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 03/10/2020 13:32, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 3 Oct 2020 11:51:03 +0100, Richard

snip

How about this then:

https://preview.tinyurl.com/TrussForTim

https://www.cornish-times.co.uk/arti...earchyear=2020

snip

.... or do you think posting that link means you are doing something
practical?

**** you then.

What's this, you upset / confused why I'm not grateful for you posting
a link that only plays lip service to the actual problem?

See, you either believe you have domain over *all* other animals, in
which case you can pretend you are interest in their welfare when all
you are doing supporting the real issue, their death, suffering and
exploitation or you believe that all animals deserve the right to be
left the **** alone and so campaigning to have them stunned before
their throats are cut or played music whilst they are gassed is no
solution to anything.

You can protest and campaign and demand this or that and it makes ****
all difference to the fact that innocent, sentient, trusting and
intelligent creatures are having their lives taken away from them (and
in the process, impacting the lives of many many other animals, inc
us!) for no practical reason.

50% of the population not eating meat or the entire population eating
50% less meat would reduce the suffering way more than any lighter
chains or sharper knives ever would, and *we* can make that happen
today without having to go anywhere waving banners or signing
petitions.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/10/2020 22:04:41, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 21:05:44 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

On 01/10/2020 15:42, T i m wrote:
Add to that, anyone who takes a multivitamin tablet will also be
getting B12 (as we have been doing for a good few years) then you
don't have the problem.

You will if you develop an auto-immune disease that destroys
the cells in your stomach lining that produce an essential
substance needed to absorb B12 from any source. Commonly
called Pernicious Anaemia. Nasty if undetected before the
body starts stealing B12 from the nerve sheaths.

As with all things, it's all about taking the best line, sensible
precautions and remember the vegan goal:

"Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is
possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty
to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose."

So if you can *prove* that eating a meat based diet is likely to put
anyone at less risk overall compared with someone on a 'well planned'
vegan diet then please present the evidence (given the current obesity
and heart / stroke related issues of omnivores eating too much meat is
very well documented) and going on a vegan diet normally suggests that
people become more aware of what they eat etc.

I expect my leather shoes, from a renewable resource, have far less
impact on the environment than your plastic shoes taking into account
the fossil oil used and production of greenhouse gases to make them.

Is it 6kg of CO2 for every 1kg of plastic?

No it you wore wooden clogs.........

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

The list of 'ingredients' on vegan foods like
'sausage' rolls is rather off-putting.

And how does that compare with the same on 'conventional' sausage
rolls OOI?

Depends who made them. Local butcher does very good
sausage rolls and doesn't put rubbish in them because
he only gets prepared carcases from his supplier.

So not really comparing like with like are we?

Mass produced sausage rolls (vegan or otherwise) with hand made local
butcher ones?

Can you get vegan sausage rolls from your local butcher? Quite right,
hardly a comparison.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

The list of 'ingredients' on vegan foods like
'sausage' rolls is rather off-putting.

And how does that compare with the same on 'conventional' sausage
rolls OOI?

Depends who made them. Local butcher does very good
sausage rolls and doesn't put rubbish in them because
he only gets prepared carcases from his supplier.

So not really comparing like with like are we?

Mass produced sausage rolls (vegan or otherwise) with hand made local
butcher ones?

Can you get vegan sausage rolls from your local butcher? Quite right,
hardly a comparison.

Why do vegans fake meat dishes? Vegan sausages vegan eggs vegan burgers
vegan meat loaf trying to find vegan equivalents of bacon. We eat
vegetarian dishes quite often yesterday it was a very nice cauliflower and
broccoli bake no need to call it something that mimics a meat equivalent.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 4 Oct 2020 11:06:35 -0000 (UTC), Stephen Cole
wrote:

snip

If you can't tell the difference between real scrambled eggs and the
synthetic variety, then you have a means to hand of reducing your B12
deficiency without consuming factory-produced supplementation -

That kind of talk, Burt, will really upset your good buddy Frank Hunter
GI4NKB’s feelings.

He doesn't care who / what he hurts, he's a troll.

And as for the continuing B12 bollox ... 90% of the B12 that is
manufactured is fed to the live stock he loves to torture and kill,
otherwise he'd get none, the stupid trolling hypocrite.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/10/2020 17:02:40, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 4 Oct 2020 11:06:35 -0000 (UTC), Stephen Cole
wrote:

snip

If you can't tell the difference between real scrambled eggs and the
synthetic variety, then you have a means to hand of reducing your B12
deficiency without consuming factory-produced supplementation -

That kind of talk, Burt, will really upset your good buddy Frank Hunter
GI4NKBs feelings.

He doesn't care who / what he hurts, he's a troll.

And as for the continuing B12 bollox ... 90% of the B12 that is
manufactured is fed to the live stock he loves to torture and kill,
otherwise he'd get none, the stupid trolling hypocrite.

A "fact" that is only ever found on vegan websites.

Cattle make cobalamin (B12) in their rumen via bacteria that's part of
their microflora that convert trace elements of cobalt from the
grasses/forbs they eat.

What cattle are fed is a wide range of minerals, namely copper, iodine,
selenium and cobalt.

If there is a B12 deficiency the vitamin is injected, normally the young
as a deficiency slows growth.

Of course this will be called BS and because you won't like me saying it
you'll be calling me a troll and/or tosser.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 4 October 2020 15:59:19 UTC+1, Radio Man wrote:
Why do vegans fake meat dishes?

Because meat tastes nice.

Vegan sausages vegan eggs vegan burgers
vegan meat loaf trying to find vegan equivalents of bacon. We eat
vegetarian dishes quite often yesterday it was a very nice cauliflower and
broccoli bake

Bet that would have been improved with some bacon bits though :-)

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 4 Oct 2020 13:24:01 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Sunday, 4 October 2020 15:59:19 UTC+1, Radio Man wrote:
Why do vegans fake meat dishes?

Because meat tastes nice.

https://ibb.co/J3Tr8dd

It does and has rarely been in question for many (vegetarians /
vegans) but they consider their pleasure doesn't warrant all the
suffering and exploitation animals have to endure before finally
giving up their lives (against their will) for a moment of our
pleasure.

And we don't make the fake meats of course, the companies making the
'fake meat' do and want them and the ready meals to be attractive to
the greatest number of people, including meat eaters and those looking
to stop supporting all the animal pain and suffering and making the
transition away from meat easier (we are all creatures of habit and
that of course is very much part of the problem).

'Vegan's' rarely make 'fake meat dishes' (other than for their meat
eating guests) as there is plenty of goodness, taste and nutrition in
plant and plant based foods but why would it matter if they did, as
long as no animals suffered and died?

It all just sounds like more excuses / opportunities to poke holes in
a goal to stop the unnecessary pain, suffering and death of animals?

Most vegan's weren't brought up as such as it's something they have
moved to when:

They decided the number of animals that were being made to suffer was
getting intolerable.

The alternatives were much more widely available.

The pollution levels cause by live stock were becoming substantial.

The greenhouse gasses caused by live stock were becoming substantial.

The amount of wasted plant growing resource was becoming
unsustainable.

The damage to the ecosystem was killing loads of wildlife.

All the above is putting all animals at risk (including us).

Vegan sausages vegan eggs vegan burgers
vegan meat loaf trying to find vegan equivalents of bacon. We eat
vegetarian dishes quite often yesterday it was a very nice cauliflower and
broccoli bake

Bet that would have been improved with some bacon bits though :-)

https://ibb.co/B2GfmfC

I did a carbonara the other day with Quorn 'ham' and it was perfectly
fine. I did that because it was a flavour combination we were used to
and liked to duplicate, without any pigs having to be gassed shrug.

https://youtu.be/sS1XHQ7hoXE?t=37

For some reason, all the footage of pigs actually being gassed are
covered by the Youtube "This video may be inappropriate for some
users.", that doesn't sound like it would be that funny does it?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/10/2020 21:38, T i m wrote:

The pollution levels cause by live stock were becoming substantial.
The greenhouse gasses caused by live stock were becoming substantial.
The amount of wasted plant growing resource was becoming
unsustainable.
The damage to the ecosystem was killing loads of wildlife.
All the above is putting all animals at risk (including us).

Stand by for the Gospel that you follow to be revised in the near future.

The news on R4 this morning mentioned the damage allegedly caused by the
food industry and how such imports might be banned in the future - the
list of items to be banned included the ritual condemnation of beef, of
course, but high on that very short list was... Soy products!

You might be wise, and while you can revisit all your postings extolling
the virtues of soy products and make sure they are deleted from the
archives, or risk that in the future you might well suffer the same
treatment from the antisoy brigade that you have so gratuitously handed
out to others in your zealotry over vegan diets.

You have to accept that undertaking a narcissistic virtue-signalling
lifestyle choice implies that you have to be prepared to shift views and
choices at a moment's notice as the virtues change with the seasons, and
that your past record may well be exposed and used against you. Get
deleting...or you could just turn out to be the wrong sort of vegan....

--
Spike