Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

Default Powered Staple Gun

Looking for a staple gun for a fencing project, all items I have seen are
silly money. Wondering if it is worth hiring a unit for a week or so.

Has anyone used such a device recently and could recommend something that
might do the job ?

Hoping to put up a chain link wire fence on wood posts 6ft apart over
about 40feet.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 20 Sep 2020 17:23:15 +0100 (GMT+01:00), Jimk wrote:

Hoping to put up a chain link wire fence on wood posts 6ft apart

over
about 40feet.

7/8 posts? Fencing staples & a hammer?

That's what I'd have thought. What three strainer wires for a 6' high
fence? Two staples per wire per post only about 60 staples inc a few
extra at each end to secure them.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jon pretended :
Looking for a staple gun for a fencing project, all items I have seen are
silly money. Wondering if it is worth hiring a unit for a week or so.

Has anyone used such a device recently and could recommend something that
might do the job ?

Hoping to put up a chain link wire fence on wood posts 6ft apart over
about 40feet.

I did 120 feet of chain link here, with galv staple and a hammer. Three
or four staples per post and easier than carrying / using a gun.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/09/2020 16:46, jon wrote:
Looking for a staple gun for a fencing project, all items I have seen are
silly money. Wondering if it is worth hiring a unit for a week or so.

Has anyone used such a device recently and could recommend something that
might do the job ?

Hoping to put up a chain link wire fence on wood posts 6ft apart over
about 40feet.

Use a hammer. Earlier this year I put-up a 90m fence. A post hole borer
for the poles (scrounged old telegraph poles that I'd chainsawn into 8'
sections). A home-made wacker to compact the soil (first a bar with a
lump on it, then a small plate welded onto an old SDS bit and used with
the SDS breaker). Straining wire at top, bottom and middle of the posts,
then fix the stock or chain-link. You'll need a tensioner; I bought the
Draper bar version but one of the cheaper chain tensioners would
probably be better.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 20 September 2020 16:46:33 UTC+1, jon wrote:

Looking for a staple gun for a fencing project, all items I have seen are
silly money. Wondering if it is worth hiring a unit for a week or so.

Has anyone used such a device recently and could recommend something that
might do the job ?

Hoping to put up a chain link wire fence on wood posts 6ft apart over
about 40feet.

Not worth buying one for so little work unless you're disabled & using one would avoid you paying a pro. Hire? Never.

If you're new to it just don't forget to tension the wire well.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 11:45:21 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Sunday, 20 September 2020 16:46:33 UTC+1, jon wrote:

Looking for a staple gun for a fencing project, all items I have seen are
silly money. Wondering if it is worth hiring a unit for a week or so.

Has anyone used such a device recently and could recommend something that
might do the job ?

Hoping to put up a chain link wire fence on wood posts 6ft apart over
about 40feet.

Not worth buying one for so little work unless you're disabled & using one would avoid you paying a pro. Hire? Never.

If you're new to it just don't forget to tension the wire well.

NT

Look the man wants to buy some new tools. Whoever said this had to be a sensible decision.Leave him alone :-0
Posted to uk.d-i-y

jon Wrote in message:
Looking for a staple gun for a fencing project, all items I have seen are
silly money. Wondering if it is worth hiring a unit for a week or so.

Has anyone used such a device recently and could recommend something that
might do the job ?

Hoping to put up a chain link wire fence on wood posts 6ft apart over
about 40feet.

7/8 posts? Fencing staples & a hammer?
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Biggest-Staple Staple-Guns [email protected] Home Repair 0 December 17th 11 08:26 PM
Who makes a 3+" staple gun? Fred Woodworking 1 September 12th 05 03:03 AM
staple gun advice Pat Woodworking 7 April 5th 05 07:56 PM
so, how do I figue out what staples to buy for this Heller staple gun???? william_b_noble Metalworking 4 February 22nd 05 04:17 AM
Nail / Staple Gun Sam Berlyn Woodworking 7 December 5th 04 07:07 PM