Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 30V, 5-10A bench PSU recommendations?

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 20:49:20 +0100, Harry Bloomfield, Esq.
wrote:

used his keyboard to write :
Had a look as I want one too. It doesn't give any clue whetherer the
adjustable current limit shows what it's set to or whether it's adjusted
blind.

Yes, blind, but you can work around it by shorting the output and
gradually increasing the current limit to what you want.

I'm still considering if to go for a 50V PSU or not (I have been
repairing a 36V Li-Ion eBike bike for a mate and that needs 42V to
charge it) but in the meantime seen someone makes an auto CC/CL
'upgrade' for some of the CSI (and clones) bench PSU's (to save you
having to short the output to set the current limit).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajfQF3cOm-E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCZl...rsjDXpKzB1PO1A

https://www.ianjohnston.com/index.ph...ode-kit-detail

Cheers, T i m