Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dishwasher arms sticking

We've got a Hoover HDI 3Do623D dishwasher, only just over a year old.
Both arms are now catching on various structures in the cavity. The
upper arm catches on the lower water outlet on the back panel; the lower
arm catches on the plastic structure that houses the water channel on
the back panel, and also on the salt reservoir cap. The result is that
the machine doesn't wash properly.

Anyone got a similar machine and had similar problems?

--
Algernon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Algernon Goss-Custard Wrote in message:
We've got a Hoover HDI 3Do623D dishwasher, only just over a year old.
Both arms are now catching on various structures in the cavity. The
upper arm catches on the lower water outlet on the back panel; the lower
arm catches on the plastic structure that houses the water channel on
the back panel, and also on the salt reservoir cap. The result is that
the machine doesn't wash properly.

Anyone got a similar machine and had similar problems?

My Smeg has a similar issue with a wobbly top arm. Spares are
available...
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/09/2020 18:23, Algernon Goss-Custard wrote:
We've got a Hoover HDI 3Do623D dishwasher, only just over a year old.
Both arms are now catching on various structures in the cavity. The
upper arm catches on the lower water outlet on the back panel; the lower
arm catches on the plastic structure that houses the water channel on
the back panel, and also on the salt reservoir cap. The result is that
the machine doesn't wash properly.

Anyone got a similar machine and had similar problems?

Sounds like wear in the bearings, bad for something that age. I've never
had less than 6 years out of a dishwasher, usually more. Might there be
any scope for trimming some material away with a Dremel or similar?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff (Sofa)" posted
Or claiming under the warranty. I have never seen the need for a dishwasher,
and from the number of problems I see around the web that they suffer from
its one less thing to go wrong.
I bet its badge engineered so I'd first talk to the supplier then Hoover.
it may well be a known issue with a batch.

Of course I tried Hoover customer support, but all they were interested
in was selling me an extended warranty. Apparently the ten-year parts
guarantee only applies if you get a service engineer out, in which case
you have to pay through the nose anyway. It'll be much cheaper to get
the parts from a third party supplier.

--
Algernon

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Algernon Goss-Custard wrote:
We've got a Hoover HDI 3Do623D dishwasher, only just over a year old.
Both arms are now catching on various structures in the cavity. The
upper arm catches on the lower water outlet on the back panel; the lower
arm catches on the plastic structure that houses the water channel on
the back panel, and also on the salt reservoir cap. The result is that
the machine doesn't wash properly.

Anyone got a similar machine and had similar problems?

Check the arms are clicked into place properly and none of the brittle bits
of plastic have broken off. Seen this before- admittedly on other makes.
If you are lucky, it is just a matter of clicking things back. If not, the
plastic bits are surprisingly expensive!