Scumbag Adie

Default Teka Dishwasher sticking on programs

Hi

My Teka Dishwasher is behaving very oddly. It doesn't seem to finish
properly. I've changed the programme controller but if anything its
worse. It just stops and waits mid program. I've cleaned and even
removed the inlet filter (wasn't dirty anyway) with no effect.

I'm also not sure how to reset it either?

Does anyone know what causes behaviour like this?

Model TDW 59FI

Thanks

Scumbag Adie
BigWallop

"Scumbag Adie" wrote in message
om...
Hi

My Teka Dishwasher is behaving very oddly. It doesn't seem to finish
properly. I've changed the programme controller but if anything its
worse. It just stops and waits mid program. I've cleaned and even
removed the inlet filter (wasn't dirty anyway) with no effect.

I'm also not sure how to reset it either?

Does anyone know what causes behaviour like this?

Model TDW 59FI

Thanks

Scumbag Adie

Colder water taking longer to heat ? Pump stuck or blocked ? Waste pipe
hose blocked ? Thermostat faulty ? Heating element faulty ? Synchronic
motor on the timer unit faulty ? Internal filter blocked ?

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Scumbag Adie

"BigWallop" wrote in message ...
"Scumbag Adie" wrote in message
om...
Hi

My Teka Dishwasher is behaving very oddly. It doesn't seem to finish
properly. I've changed the programme controller but if anything its
worse. It just stops and waits mid program. I've cleaned and even
removed the inlet filter (wasn't dirty anyway) with no effect.

I'm also not sure how to reset it either?

Does anyone know what causes behaviour like this?

Model TDW 59FI

Thanks

Scumbag Adie

Colder water taking longer to heat ? Pump stuck or blocked ? Waste pipe
hose blocked ? Thermostat faulty ? Heating element faulty ? Synchronic
motor on the timer unit faulty ? Internal filter blocked ?

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

** Not sure if water taking longer to heat
** When it does work water seems to get thrown around ok and drains

Its difficult to tell when its ready to attempt a new cycle. Rotating
the programmer by hand gets it to the "finished cycle" type of light
display but then attempting another cycle it doesn't even start -
light goes out to indicate it has started though. Anyone know the
exact position the programmer should be set in at the start of cycle?

There is also a strange looking microswitch underneath with some kind
of polystrene diafram and hose attached to it, what does that do?

Could the salt system have something to do with it. It doesn't seem to
use much salt recently. One half of it is filled with brown gundgy
looking stuff and the other has some salt in it.

It seems to get stuck at random places if that gives a clue?
BigWallop

"BigWallop" wrote in message

[...]

Sticking in random places during the wash cycles usually means that the
system needs cleaned of all the gunge in the pipework inside. The sticking
happens because the wash cycle heats any solid fats and things until they
become liquid(ish) again and move further along the pipework before going
solid again. So it might be time to strip it all down and give all the
pipes a real good clean with boiling water and vinegar solution. The
vinegar helps to clear the fatty deposits when the boiling water melts it.

Make sure to clean all the pump, salt and rinse aid chambers as well. This
ca be done with a cooler solution of water and vinegar, and get as far
inside them with a cloth or pipe cleaning brush if possible.

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com