Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

Default Camera adapter ring

How difficult do you think it would be to get an adapter ring 0.25" width,
with 25mm x32 internal thread and 28mm x32 external thread. Well it is
nigh on impossible, although the threads are standard in photographic
equipment. All other combinations of adapter rings with these external/
internal threads are readily available. I am not going to buy a lathe to
make my own, I only need one.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

jon wrote:

How difficult do you think it would be to get an adapter ring 0.25" width,
with 25mm x32 internal thread and 28mm x32 external thread. Well it is
nigh on impossible, although the threads are standard in photographic
equipment. All other combinations of adapter rings with these external/
internal threads are readily available. I am not going to buy a lathe to
make my own, I only need one.

3D print?
Maybe somebody already designed on on thingiverse.com

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/08/2020 13:45, jon wrote:

How difficult do you think it would be to get an adapter ring 0.25" width,
with 25mm x32 internal thread and 28mm x32 external thread. Well it is
nigh on impossible, although the threads are standard in photographic
equipment. All other combinations of adapter rings with these external/
internal threads are readily available. I am not going to buy a lathe to
make my own, I only need one.

Try these guys - SRB Griturn. They have almost every camera lens adapter
there is and will make you a custom one for a price. Assuming that what
you want is physically possible to machine from a metal rod.

https://www.srb-photographic.co.uk/

Failing that try Telescope House who also do bespoke optics adapters or
Edmund scientific whose online catalogue is now so awful I try to avoid.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/08/2020 14:14, Theo wrote:
jon wrote:

How difficult do you think it would be to get an adapter ring 0.25" width,
with 25mm x32 internal thread and 28mm x32 external thread. Well it is
nigh on impossible, although the threads are standard in photographic
equipment. All other combinations of adapter rings with these external/
internal threads are readily available. I am not going to buy a lathe to
make my own, I only need one.

3D print?
Maybe somebody already designed on on thingiverse.com

Theo

Another possibility is to coat both threads in ptfe tape, and then fill
the gap with car body filler.

"What kind of person is not interested in those things?"

"Jeremy Corbyn?"

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

On Thu, 06 Aug 2020 14:16:58 +0100, Martin Brown wrote:

On 06/08/2020 13:45, jon wrote:

How difficult do you think it would be to get an adapter ring 0.25"
width,
with 25mm x32 internal thread and 28mm x32 external thread. Well it is
nigh on impossible, although the threads are standard in photographic
equipment. All other combinations of adapter rings with these external/
internal threads are readily available. I am not going to buy a lathe
to make my own, I only need one.

Try these guys - SRB Griturn. They have almost every camera lens adapter
there is and will make you a custom one for a price. Assuming that what
you want is physically possible to machine from a metal rod.

https://www.srb-photographic.co.uk/

Failing that try Telescope House who also do bespoke optics adapters or
Edmund scientific whose online catalogue is now so awful I try to avoid.

Thanks...I have sent SRB an email.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/08/2020 13:45, jon wrote:

How difficult do you think it would be to get an adapter ring 0.25"
width,
with 25mm x32 internal thread and 28mm x32 external thread. Well it is
nigh on impossible, although the threads are standard in photographic
equipment. All other combinations of adapter rings with these external/
internal threads are readily available. I am not going to buy a lathe
to make my own, I only need one.

Try these guys - SRB Griturn. They have almost every camera lens adapter
there is and will make you a custom one for a price. Assuming that what
you want is physically possible to machine from a metal rod.

https://www.srb-photographic.co.uk/

Failing that try Telescope House who also do bespoke optics adapters or
Edmund scientific whose online catalogue is now so awful I try to avoid.

Thanks...I have sent SRB an email.

Maybe buy a cheap 28mm filter and a cheap 25mm filter, throw away the
filter glass and glue the 25mm ring inside the 28mm ring. I believe
each filter can take another filter of the same size on the front screw
thread so you will end up with an internal 25mm and a external 28mm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/08/2020 13:45, jon wrote:

How difficult do you think it would be to get an adapter ring 0.25" width,
with 25mm x32 internal thread and 28mm x32 external thread. Well it is
nigh on impossible, although the threads are standard in photographic
equipment. All other combinations of adapter rings with these external/
internal threads are readily available. I am not going to buy a lathe to
make my own, I only need one.

Unless size is critical can you achieve this thread combination by using
2 or 3 available adaptor rings together
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/08/2020 13:45, jon wrote:

[...]

filter glass and glue the 25mm ring inside the 28mm ring.Â* I believe
each filter can take another filter of the same size on the front screw
thread so you will end up with an internal 25mm and a external 28mm

If that will do it SRB do every filter adapter size shift going.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

On Thu, 06 Aug 2020 18:43:38 +0100, Robert wrote:

On 06/08/2020 13:45, jon wrote:

How difficult do you think it would be to get an adapter ring 0.25"
width,
with 25mm x32 internal thread and 28mm x32 external thread. Well it is
nigh on impossible, although the threads are standard in photographic
equipment. All other combinations of adapter rings with these external/
internal threads are readily available. I am not going to buy a lathe
to make my own, I only need one.

Unless size is critical can you achieve this thread combination by using
2 or 3 available adaptor rings together

No, because I need to be within 7mm for focus.