Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics
James

Default what kind of ac/dc adapter would connect to this external camera flash?

Hi,

anyone know what kind of ac/dc adapter i would need to hack this into
letting me plug it into a wall insted of using batteries?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

Posted to alt.electronics
Dan Hollands

..com

--

Since it uses 4 1.5v batteries - they are probably in series making them a
nominal 6Vdc

I believe a 5V dc supply would work fine but I would take a look at the way
the batteries are installed to make sure they are in series.

Dan

Dan Hollands
1120 S Creek Dr
Webster NY 14580
585-872-2606

www.QuickScoreRace

Posted to alt.electronics
Dan Hollands

"James" wrote in message
Hi,

anyone know what kind of ac/dc adapter i would need to hack this into
letting me plug it into a wall insted of using batteries?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search
--

Since it uses 4 1.5v batteries - they are probably in series making them
a nominal 6Vdc

I believe a 5V dc supply would work fine but I would take a look at the
way the batteries are installed to make sure they are in series.

Dan

Dan Hollands
1120 S Creek Dr
Webster NY 14580
585-872-2606

www.QuickScoreRace

If the plus terminal of one battery is connected to the minus terminal of
the next for all 4 batteries they are in series. If you have a volt meter
you can measure the voltage at the point where the batteries connect to the
unit and you should measure 5 to 6 volts.
If you can't figure it out to do this you may want to reconsider taking the
unit apart and reworking it.

Dan

--

Dan Hollands
1120 S Creek Dr

www.QuickScoreRace.com

Posted to alt.electronics
Figaro

"James" wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| anyone know what kind of ac/dc adapter i would need to hack this into
| letting me plug it into a wall insted of using batteries?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

Radio Shack sells an AC adapter that is step-adjustable to 3-5-6-6.5 volts
regulated, 450ma.
Although it is listed as "Digital Camera Power Supply", it'll probably work.
Radio Shack catalog # 273-1695. I paid around $20 approx. 3 yrs ago.