Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TRV Travel

Just checking one out. I've taken the top off. What sort of travel
should I expect on the pin? I push it down and it comes back up.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 21:47:43 +0100, bert wrote:

Just checking one out. I've taken the top off. What sort of travel
should I expect on the pin? I push it down and it comes back up.

Somewhere around 3/16" +/- 1/16".

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice writes
On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 21:47:43 +0100, bert wrote:

Just checking one out. I've taken the top off. What sort of travel
should I expect on the pin? I push it down and it comes back up.

Somewhere around 3/16" +/- 1/16".

Thanks. That's about what I am getting.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

bert pretended :
Just checking one out. I've taken the top off. What sort of travel should I
expect on the pin? I push it down and it comes back up.

That's what it's supposed to do. If the pump is running at the time,
you might feel or hear the flow stop too as it is pushed in.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/08/2020 22:00, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 21:47:43 +0100, bert wrote:

Just checking one out. I've taken the top off. What sort of travel
should I expect on the pin? I push it down and it comes back up.

Somewhere around 3/16" +/- 1/16".

And it should come up. It's the mechanism in the bit that has been taken
off that pushes down the pin.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/08/2020 21:47, bert wrote:
Just checking one out. I've taken the top off. What sort of travel
should I expect on the pin? I push it down and it comes back up.

3 - 5mm ish

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , alan_m
writes
On 05/08/2020 22:00, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 21:47:43 +0100, bert wrote:

Just checking one out. I've taken the top off. What sort of travel
should I expect on the pin? I push it down and it comes back up.

Somewhere around 3/16" +/- 1/16".

And it should come up. It's the mechanism in the bit that has been
taken off that pushes down the pin.

It does. Does that mean it is normally open?
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , John
Rumm writes
On 05/08/2020 21:47, bert wrote:
Just checking one out. I've taken the top off. What sort of travel
should I expect on the pin? I push it down and it comes back up.

3 - 5mm ish

It's not a lot is it, from full open to full closed.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 14:27:47 +0100, bert wrote:

3 - 5mm ish

It's not a lot is it, from full open to full closed.

Area of 15 mm dia circle about 175 mm^2
Area of 5 mm of 15 mm dia cylinder about 235 mm^2

The two areas are roughly equal with 3.7 mm of cylinder.

--
Cheers
Dave.

TRV won't allow flow, flow OK without TRV head. Justin C[_17_] UK diy 13 February 16th 16 01:42 PM
Towel radiator: To TRV or not to TRV? That is the question... Mathew Newton UK diy 8 November 16th 10 09:59 PM
TRV failure Andrew Heggie UK diy 10 December 27th 03 05:05 PM
Radiator TRV's Mark UK diy 18 November 12th 03 09:56 PM
Radiator trv's Mark Newport UK diy 2 November 10th 03 10:25 AM