Mark Newport

Default Radiator trv's

I have a conservatory which is fitted with a radiator. The conservatory
never gets warm as the house heats up faster and reaches the room thermostat
temperature and cuts off before the conservatory can get warm. The room
thermostat is in the hall which also has a radiator. I have TRV's on all the
radiators in the house bar the one in the hall. My plan is to fit a trv to
the hall radiator and turn it down, along with the other room radiators. I
will leave the conservator one turned up thus allowing the conservatory to
warm up before the rest of the house reaches the desired temp. What I am
asking is if there is any sort of problem with this. I have read that there
shouldn't be a trv in the same room as the room thermostat.

Thanks for any advice offered.

Mark

Roger Mills

"Mark Newport" wrote in message
[...]

In order to make this work, you will have to turn the room stat up to max -
so that it never turns the boiler off, and so that the conservatory
continues to receive heat.

The trouble with this is that there will be no control over the conservatory
temperature. When it gets *too* hot, there will be nothing to turn the
boiler off.

A better scheme would be to zone the heating system - having a separate zone
with room stat in the conservatory. You can then heat the house and
conservatory independently without either getting too hot. If you use
programmable stats, you can even heat them at different times from each
other should you so wish.

[Have a look at the "S Plan Plus" details in
http://content.honeywell.com/uk/homes/systems.htm to see what I mean.

Roger

The Natural Philosopher

Mark Newport wrote:

I have a conservatory which is fitted with a radiator. The conservatory
never gets warm as the house heats up faster and reaches the room thermostat
temperature and cuts off before the conservatory can get warm. The room
thermostat is in the hall which also has a radiator. I have TRV's on all the
radiators in the house bar the one in the hall. My plan is to fit a trv to
the hall radiator and turn it down, along with the other room radiators. I
will leave the conservator one turned up thus allowing the conservatory to
warm up before the rest of the house reaches the desired temp. What I am
asking is if there is any sort of problem with this. I have read that there
shouldn't be a trv in the same room as the room thermostat.

Thanks for any advice offered.

Put TRV on hall rad, and turn hall thermostat to 'max' and forget it
exists.

Leave one small rad somewhere - bathroom? Airing cupboard? without TRV
so the pump doesn't stall.

Mark