Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dave Plowman

Default Cooker hood wiring

In article ,
John Greenwood wrote:
What are the options available to me to wire up a cooker hood, I can think
of three ways but whether these are allowed/legal I do not know:

1. Wire it into the lighting circuit, but then there is no accessible
isolating switch.

Neither is there for most lights. It presumably has its own on off switch?

2. Wire it into an FCU hidden behind the hood, but then do I also need an
accessible isolating switch?

Is it possible to wire it such that the cable comes out of the wall into
it - ie behind it? If the cable comes out the top say near the back it's
often the tidiest way to use an FCU or at least cord outlet even when
wired off the lighting circuit.

3. Wire it into the big red cooker switch.

Not a good idea, IMHO.

I don't really want any visible wiring or socket/FCU. I favour number 2,
but I don't fancy adding a separate isolating switch as well.

Can't see why you'd need one.

Anybody help with this?

--
*A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn

Cooker wiring Jaime UK diy 23 July 29th 03 03:50 PM
Putting range cooker inside a fireplace Christian McArdle UK diy 1 July 21st 03 09:09 PM
Cooker Socket over Cooker? Neil UK diy 8 July 20th 03 10:28 PM
Fitted cooker fitting. BigWallop UK diy 2 July 17th 03 07:30 PM
Leaving a Honeywell CH valve energised, wiring choices Toby UK diy 1 July 14th 03 06:20 PM