Andrew Gabriel

Default Cooker hood wiring

In article ,
"Christian McArdle" writes:
My cooker circuit has been turned into a switched radial
circuit by fitting 3 socket outlets in place of the
original hardwired cooker outlet.

Provided the MCB/fuse is of a sensible rating, of course. (i.e. a 32A or 20A
B curve). This will usually be the case, although frequently cooker circuits

It is in this case, and 6mm˛ cable.

are wired with higher ratings, such as 40A or 45A, which would need swapping
out. Also, you'll need to prove that the sockets aren't likely to be used
for outdoor portable equipment, as they would need an RCD/RCBO.

Well, there aren't any RCD's in this house at the moment.
If I get round to it before Part P comes into force, I will fit
a nice new CU with separate RCD protection on each ring, and take
the immersion heater off the ring circuit. If I don't get round
to it in time, it will stay with no RCD protection and with the
immersion heater on the ring circuit forever more, or until it
causes a fire and burns the house down...

--
Andrew Gabriel