Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 70s Kenwood Chefette 350 Turntable - not turning

Picked this up at a car boot for a few quid, still boxed.
Electrically it's fine, but the turnrable doesn't spin freely. The
centre bolt screws into the base which facilitates height adjustment of
the bowl and has a locking nut. Here is said bolt on the base:
https://i.imgur.com/3cAVrt3.jpg

With the brass bit locked off I can only assume the centre bit should
spin freely in the brass bit. Anyone have one back in the day & can
remember? There is no movement at all, it looks to have sat for decades
so I assume it's seized. Perhads a dab of 3 in 1 & see what happens?
Don't want to apply too much force obviously.

Cheers
Posted to uk.d-i-y

CD Wrote in message:
Picked this up at a car boot for a few quid, still boxed.
Electrically it's fine, but the turnrable doesn't spin freely. The
centre bolt screws into the base which facilitates height adjustment of
the bowl and has a locking nut. Here is said bolt on the base:
https://i.imgur.com/3cAVrt3.jpg

With the brass bit locked off I can only assume the centre bit should
spin freely in the brass bit. Anyone have one back in the day & can
remember? There is no movement at all, it looks to have sat for decades
so I assume it's seized. Perhads a dab of 3 in 1 & see what happens?
Don't want to apply too much force obviously.

Cheers

eBay item 223994713168
Has pics
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/07/2020 17:42, Jimk wrote:
eBay item 223994713168
Has pics

Cheers I spotted the hole in the top of the bolt before your post. Some
3 in 1 spray top & bottom freed it up perfectly.

It also comes with the blender attachment that goes on the rear. The
plastic cone that docks(?) with the motor spindle fell to pieces as soon
as I touched it. It's also missing the rear cover for said spindle. More
spares required.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/07/2020 08:55, Brian Gaff wrote:
Is that plastic fatigue, ie it goes brittle with age.

Looked like it to me. This thing had obviously sat in a garage for
decades until the owner died & a house clearance firm sold the contents
at a car boot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 19 Jul 2020 10:30:43 +0100, CD wrote:

On 19/07/2020 08:55, Brian Gaff wrote:
Is that plastic fatigue, ie it goes brittle with age.

Looked like it to me. This thing had obviously sat in a garage for
decades until the owner died

Food poisoning from some badly mixed cake ... ? ;-)

I've recently been baking bread, rock cakes [1] and making naan etc
and with all those things the mixing seems to be the shortest process!
Even if I had a mixer I don't think I'd bother to get it out (and we
automate these sorts of things they pay money to do similar up the
Gym)? ;-)

I'm sure there are things you really do need to mix well / fast etc
and would be done best by machine (and I mean in the kitchen, not a
cement mixer). ;-)

But hey, it sounds like you got a result (in the price and fix) and if
you have the room, you can never have too many tools. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

[1] The instructions for the rock cakes stat that you *shouldn't* over
mix them?