Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 06:42:39 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sprung wiring connectors on sockets

In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:

Dave Plowman wrote:

I've not had a problem with any terminal screws coming loose.

Do you know because

a) you've checked them, or

b) it hasn't caught fire so far :-)

I've repaired plenty of pro installations where the problem was caused
by loose screws. Not seen a fire due to this - that's why you use a
backbox.

Usual symptoms are socket(s) etc just stopping working.

but when you're in a timber barn and a surface socket is too hot to
touch?

I'd be rather more worried about the CU is you don't know how to use a
screw. ;-)

--
*I started out with nothing... and I still have most of it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:

Dave Plowman wrote:

I've not had a problem with any terminal screws coming loose.

Do you know because

a) you've checked them, or

b) it hasn't caught fire so far :-)

I've repaired plenty of pro installations where the problem was caused
by loose screws. Not seen a fire due to this - that's why you use a
backbox.

Usual symptoms are socket(s) etc just stopping working.

but when you're in a timber barn and a surface socket is too hot to
touch?

I'd be rather more worried about the CU is you don't know how to use a
screw. ;-)

Or the log burner !

My well tank sprung a leak [email protected] Home Repair 7 December 19th 07 10:02 PM
need push-to-open sprung door catch sm_jamieson UK diy 2 February 1st 07 05:29 PM
Sprung Pole bradsalmon UK diy 9 May 23rd 06 06:08 PM
Sprung slats for bed base Rod Hewitt UK diy 14 February 5th 05 10:44 PM