Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Reasonably priced crimp tool for Torberry Powerpole connectors

I'm an occasional user of Torberry Powerpole connectors, usually the
30 amp ones. I usually solder them but that's not always so easy when
I'm using them away from the house (and power).

Torberry sell a crimp tool but it is a bit expensive at £167.

Does anyone know of cheaper (as in from AliExpress or whatever)
ratchet crimp tools for these connectors?

What sort of shape crimp is used for these connectors, the expensive
Torberry tool picture looks a bit like the sort of die used for
fairly standard non-insulate crimps but their picture looks the same
for three different sizes of crimp tool so may be misleading.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 9 July 2020 15:33:05 UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:
I'm an occasional user of Torberry Powerpole connectors, usually the
30 amp ones. I usually solder them but that's not always so easy when
I'm using them away from the house (and power).

Torberry sell a crimp tool but it is a bit expensive at £167.

Does anyone know of cheaper (as in from AliExpress or whatever)
ratchet crimp tools for these connectors?

What sort of shape crimp is used for these connectors, the expensive
Torberry tool picture looks a bit like the sort of die used for
fairly standard non-insulate crimps but their picture looks the same
for three different sizes of crimp tool so may be misleading.

--
Chris Green
·

How about: