truman

Default Bath panel poser

Hi all

I'm slowly but surely refitting a bathroom. Suite in, tiling done, but it's
proving to be an awkward one what with 1 thing and another. One problem I'm
having is finding suitable bath panels (side and end). Because the door
surround is just 1" from the bath head I cannot fit the usual plastic
'bowed' shape bath panel without cutting a curve into the door surround to
accomodate it, which is not an option. I will therefore have to fit a flat
type panel. I've visited my local Wickes, B&Q, a bathroom store, and also
looked on the web, but all I can find is this:
http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1074-0000 and this,
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...14186&ts=67995 which both
seem to be the same thing, with screwfix a bit cheaper but 14 days delivery.

Bearing in mind that they must be flat (tish), white, and I need side
(1700mm) and end (690mm), can anyone suggest a source for an alternative to
the above, or is that about it? (I don't want to build them myself -
useless). Also if I buy the above, any idea what I should use to hide the
corner join?

cheers,
truman

Michael Mcneil

"truman" wrote in message

Because the door
surround is just 1" from the bath head I cannot fit the usual plastic
'bowed' shape bath panel without cutting a curve into the door surround to
accomodate it I will therefore have to fit a flat
type panel.

Fit a piece of mdf or hardboard.

Christian McArdle

(I don't want to build them myself - useless).

It's not that difficult. Just cut a bit of ply to shape and tile with the
same tiles as the bathroom. Just give some thought as to how best to conceal
the fixings so that they can still be removed for access.

Christian.

Christian McArdle wrote:
(I don't want to build them myself - useless).

It's not that difficult. Just cut a bit of ply to shape and tile with the
same tiles as the bathroom. Just give some thought as to how best to conceal
the fixings so that they can still be removed for access.

Why conceal the fixings? Just make them neat and use stainless steel
screws or whatever. You will receive much good karma from the next
person who wants to remove the panel.

--
Chris Green

truman

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
| (I don't want to build them myself - useless).
|
| It's not that difficult. Just cut a bit of ply to shape and tile with the
| same tiles as the bathroom. Just give some thought as to how best to
conceal
| the fixings so that they can still be removed for access.
|
| Christian.

Thanks, but there are enough tiles to look at already! I think I'll find a
couple more showrooms to browse round for ideas.

--
cheers,
truman

Mike James

"truman" wrote in message
:
:
: Thanks, but there are enough tiles to look at already! I think I'll find
: couple more showrooms to browse round for ideas.
:
: --
: cheers,
: truman
: .........................................
MFI sell em, got mine there.
(That's of course if you live near to one)

Mike.

Michael Mcneil

"Mike James" wrote in message

: Thanks, but there are enough tiles to look at already! I think I'll find
: couple more showrooms to browse round for ideas.
:
: --
: cheers,
: truman
: .........................................
MFI sell em, got mine there.
(That's of course if you live near to one)

Why limit the Frkr to local? He can keep the frk away from here a lot
longer if he keeps travelling around showrooms.

(If I worked in a showroom I probably wouldn't be saying that of
course.)

Ed Sirett

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:24:17 +0100, Christian McArdle wrote:

(I don't want to build them myself - useless).

It's not that difficult. Just cut a bit of ply to shape and tile with the
same tiles as the bathroom. Just give some thought as to how best to conceal
the fixings so that they can still be removed for access.

Yep. Or.
You might want to simply fit a couple of rectangles of mitred beading on
ply then you have the same a a £50 one from B&Q. Only yours will be
water resistant v. their plastic coated MDF absorbant one.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

Tounge and groove on a couple of battons make your own in half an hour dirt
cheap at B&Q
then paint or stain whatever....
Good luck

---

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

Tounge and groove on a couple of battons make your own in half an hour dirt
cheap at B&Q
then paint or stain whatever....
Good luck

---

As regards fixing I use velcro on mine, works a treat.

--
Please do not reply by Email, as all
emails to this address are automatically deleted.