Pete Cross

Default Any Ferroli combi boiler experts ?

It is 6yrs old, when the main burner is lit there is a small smell of gas
from the modulating gas valve but I can't see any leaks after brushing
detergent solution around anything that looks like a seal. There is a flat
square plate on top with a visible gasket and a pipe comes off that up to
the burners but other than that there doesn't look to be anywhere else it
can escape. With the burner off and pilot lit there's no smell at all.

--
Pete Cross

IMM

"Pete Cross" 1@2 wrote in message ...
It is 6yrs old, when the main burner is lit there is a small smell of gas
from the modulating gas valve but I can't see any leaks after brushing
detergent solution around anything that looks like a seal. There is a flat
square plate on top with a visible gasket and a pipe comes off that up to
the burners but other than that there doesn't look to be anywhere else it
can escape. With the burner off and pilot lit there's no smell at all.

You may be confusing the smell of the product of combustion, which may be
leaking into the room. Check the flue out.

Pete Cross

The flue looks fine, it has two concentric tubes, the inner aluminium one
carries burnt gas out and the outer plastic one sucks outside air in, it's
fan assisted and the burner/fan/flue section is sealed from the room. Do gas
valves leak eventually ?

--
Pete Cross

"IMM" wrote in message

"Pete Cross" 1@2 wrote in message ...
It is 6yrs old, when the main burner is lit there is a small smell of

gas
from the modulating gas valve but I can't see any leaks after brushing
detergent solution around anything that looks like a seal. There is a

flat
square plate on top with a visible gasket and a pipe comes off that up

the burners but other than that there doesn't look to be anywhere else

it
can escape. With the burner off and pilot lit there's no smell at all.

You may be confusing the smell of the product of combustion, which may be
leaking into the room. Check the flue out.

IMM

Check out the case seal.

"IMM" wrote in message

"Pete Cross" 1@2 wrote in message ...
It is 6yrs old, when the main burner is lit there is a small smell of

gas
from the modulating gas valve but I can't see any leaks after brushing
detergent solution around anything that looks like a seal. There is a

flat
square plate on top with a visible gasket and a pipe comes off that up

the burners but other than that there doesn't look to be anywhere else

it
can escape. With the burner off and pilot lit there's no smell at all.

You may be confusing the smell of the product of combustion, which may

be
leaking into the room. Check the flue out.

Combi Boiler Choice, please help! Andy UK diy 8 June 26th 04 11:08 PM
Clunking in combi boiler when tap is closed: due to back pressure? dave L UK diy 0 May 9th 04 10:50 AM
Help me experts - my central heating / boiler is waking us up ! Blonks UK diy 4 March 31st 04 01:34 AM
New Combi boiler GB UK diy 7 September 7th 03 11:34 PM
Ferroli boiler wiring john UK diy 3 September 7th 03 12:23 AM