Broadback

Default Sharp Microwave spare

Been searching Google for Sharp microwave spares (Model R-254M) to no
avail. All I can find are what I would term consumables. What I need
is the display panel, the current one works very intermittently, and at
other times just displays the odd bit. Anyone any ideas please?

TIA
--
Please do not reply by Email, as all
emails to this address are automatically deleted.
PeterMcC

Broadback wrote in

Been searching Google for Sharp microwave spares (Model R-254M) to no
avail. All I can find are what I would term consumables. What I need
is the display panel, the current one works very intermittently, and
at other times just displays the odd bit. Anyone any ideas please?

I've had excellent service from http://www.charleshyde.co.uk

Just checked their site and they don't seem to have the display panel:
http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/site...MIC& product=

....but they may be worth a call.

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Broadback

PeterMcC wrote:

Broadback wrote in

Been searching Google for Sharp microwave spares (Model R-254M) to no
avail. All I can find are what I would term consumables. What I need
is the display panel, the current one works very intermittently, and
at other times just displays the odd bit. Anyone any ideas please?

I've had excellent service from http://www.charleshyde.co.uk

Just checked their site and they don't seem to have the display panel:
http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/site...MIC& product=

...but they may be worth a call.

Thanks for that Peter, but unfortunately they will not supply parts that
need cover removal to peasants like me! I suspect that may be true of
all suppliers, so I will have to pay through the nose for a 15 minute job.

--
Please do not reply by Email, as all
emails to this address are automatically deleted.
Ian Stirling

Broadback wrote:
PeterMcC wrote:

Broadback wrote in

Been searching Google for Sharp microwave spares (Model R-254M) to no
avail. All I can find are what I would term consumables. What I need
is the display panel, the current one works very intermittently, and
at other times just displays the odd bit. Anyone any ideas please?

snip
Thanks for that Peter, but unfortunately they will not supply parts that
need cover removal to peasants like me! I suspect that may be true of
all suppliers, so I will have to pay through the nose for a 15 minute job.

http://www.cpc.co.uk/ don't care how you kill yourself.

Do make sure you understand exactly why a microwave is hazerdous.

They have more parts available if you ring them than online.
Peter Parry

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:06:50 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

Been searching Google for Sharp microwave spares (Model R-254M) to no
avail. All I can find are what I would term consumables. What I need
is the display panel, the current one works very intermittently, and at
other times just displays the odd bit. Anyone any ideas please?

CPC as someone has suggested, but microwave repairs are rarely
worthwhile.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

Lurch

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 23:37:26 GMT, raden strung
together this:

My gut feeling is you are banging your head against a brick wall.

Aren't we all?

You would probably pay almost as much for a new display (If you COULD
get one) as you would for a new microwave

That's what I would've thought.
CPC do state in their catalogue though, and I quote, "SHARP - CPC -
can offer customers ALL Sharp original spares; most are available from
stock"
Might be worth a call. (I thought my 'L' key was broken then but then
I realised I was pressing the 'A' key so that's why a was coming up
and not l).
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd

raden

In message , Ian
Stirling writes
Broadback wrote:
PeterMcC wrote:

Broadback wrote in

Been searching Google for Sharp microwave spares (Model R-254M) to no
avail. All I can find are what I would term consumables. What I need
is the display panel, the current one works very intermittently, and
at other times just displays the odd bit. Anyone any ideas please?

snip
Thanks for that Peter, but unfortunately they will not supply parts that
need cover removal to peasants like me! I suspect that may be true of
all suppliers, so I will have to pay through the nose for a 15 minute job.

http://www.cpc.co.uk/ don't care how you kill yourself.

Do make sure you understand exactly why a microwave is hazerdous.

They have more parts available if you ring them than online.

I would be interested to know if they do a display panel - I rather
suspect not (but I'm too lazy to look (even if I am now the proud
possessor of the 2005 catalogue))

--
geoff
Ed Sirett

wrote:

Been searching Google for Sharp microwave spares (Model R-254M) to no
avail. All I can find are what I would term consumables. What I need
is the display panel, the current one works very intermittently, and at
other times just displays the odd bit. Anyone any ideas please?

CPC as someone has suggested, but microwave repairs are rarely
worthwhile.

Also working on microwave appliances needs great care these device can
actually kill you (cf only the theoretical possibility with all other kit).
They have both enough volts to leap out and push amps through you.
The microwaves are inside a metal box they surprisingly are not the issue,
if the box becomes open (e.g. the door) the fuse blows.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

John

raden wrote:

I would be interested to know if they do a display panel - I rather
suspect not (but I'm too lazy to look (even if I am now the proud
possessor of the 2005 catalogue))

How did you get the catalogue? Did you have to call them or do you need an
account?

TIA

John

Peter Parry

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 06:32:30 +0000 (UTC), "John"
wrote:

How did you get the catalogue? Did you have to call them or do you need an
account?

You need an account.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
Bob Eager

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 06:32:30 UTC, "John"
wrote:

How did you get the [CPC] catalogue? Did you have to call them or do you need
an account?

You ned an account, but you can easily open a cash account with them.

You will also need to do some serious training in order to be able to
lift the catalogue.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
Andrew Gabriel

wrote:

How did you get the [CPC] catalogue? Did you have to call them or do you need
an account?

You ned an account, but you can easily open a cash account with them.

You will also need to do some serious training in order to be able to
lift the catalogue.

Also, it doesn't fit through the letter box, so you might come
back from 2 weeks holiday to find it's been propped up against
the front door for a large part of that period.

--
Andrew Gabriel
raden

In message , John
writes
raden wrote:

I would be interested to know if they do a display panel - I rather
suspect not (but I'm too lazy to look (even if I am now the proud
possessor of the 2005 catalogue))

How did you get the catalogue? Did you have to call them or do you need an
account?

I think you need an account
For some reason they don't seem to like giving them away

I asked for a second catalogue a couple of years ago and went away and
checked how much I'd spent with them

Last year when I asked, they said I'd have to wait and see if they had
any left over

Contrast that with RS or Farnell - whose catalogues are much more
expensive and will send you as many as you want (CPC have now been
bought out by Farnell)
--
geoff

raden

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
wrote:

How did you get the [CPC] catalogue? Did you have to call them or
do you need
an account?

You ned an account, but you can easily open a cash account with them.

You will also need to do some serious training in order to be able to
lift the catalogue.

Also, it doesn't fit through the letter box, so you might come
back from 2 weeks holiday to find it's been propped up against
the front door for a large part of that period.

The 2005 catalogue is actually about 10% thinner than the 2004 one
--
geoff
raden

In message , Lurch
writes
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 23:37:26 GMT, raden strung
together this:

My gut feeling is you are banging your head against a brick wall.

Aren't we all?

You would probably pay almost as much for a new display (If you COULD
get one) as you would for a new microwave

That's what I would've thought.
CPC do state in their catalogue though, and I quote, "SHARP - CPC -
can offer customers ALL Sharp original spares; most are available from
stock"
Might be worth a call. (I thought my 'L' key was broken then but then
I realised I was pressing the 'A' key so that's why a was coming up
and not l).

Huh - my kbd suffered an attack of Chimay the night before last
Last night was spent pulling it apart and washing all the works. If I'd
posted last night an "L" would look like
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

--
geoff