Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Drainpipe slime --- do I need to care?

About a week or two ago, I noticed some slime on a drain grate, which
I removed. Then I noticed some more two days ago --- photo he

https://www.ducksburg.com/diy/2020-07-slime.jpg

white pipe: combined drain for kitchen sink, washer-dryer, dishwasher;
not very long.

blue pipe with short outlet: from a hopper higher up the wall, fed by
separate pipes from the bathroom sink, shower/bath (it's a shower over
a bath, but we only use the shower), & boiler condensate pipe.

blue pipe with long outlet: rain from the bathroom roof, through a
water-butt diverter.

Nothing seems to be plugged up or draining slowly, & I cleared out the
traps for the kitchen (which was clean), bathroom sink (some gunk), &
bath (some hair & gunk) about a month or two ago.

Do I need to care or do anything about the slime other than throw it
away when it comes out?

Thanks.