Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Scottish Government plans to cut VAT rateT

Scottish Government plans to cut VAT rate
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/06/2020 14:35, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Scottish Government plans to cut VAT rate

Scottish Government plans to cut VAT rate

Nicola Sturgeon has confirmed that the Scottish Government plans to cut
the VAT rate in Scotland.

The cut would help to assist the hospitality and tourism industry.

It would be part of a UK-wide proposal for an £80bn economic stimulus
programme.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message ...

Scottish Government plans to cut VAT rate

===

I thought she was going to increase all taxes when the UK refused to
give her a few billion £s more!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/06/2020 16:19, Ophelia wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..."Â* wrote in message ...

Scottish Government plans to cut VAT rate

===

Â*Â* I thought she was going to increase all taxes when the UK refused to
give her a few billion £s more!

I don't think she's planning to cut Scottish VAT independently. I think
this proposal is for the whole of the UK to cut VAT.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/06/2020 14:35, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Scottish Government plans to cut VAT rate

On what ?. Chocolate hobnobs ?.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/06/2020 16:37, Jimk wrote:
Andrew Wrote in message:
On 29/06/2020 14:35, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Scottish Government plans to cut VAT rate

On what ?. Chocolate hobnobs ?.

Hot pies?

Do take-away deep-fried mars bars have a double rate of VAT ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/06/2020 16:21, GB wrote:
On 29/06/2020 16:19, Ophelia wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..."Â* wrote in message

Scottish Government plans to cut VAT rate

===

Â*Â*Â* I thought she was going to increase all taxes when the UK refused
to give her a few billion £s more!

I don't think she's planning to cut Scottish VAT independently. I think
this proposal is for the whole of the UK to cut VAT.

don't care holding off any big purchase 'till then ......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message ...

Scottish Government plans to cut VAT rate

===

I thought she was going to increase all taxes when the UK refused to
give her a few billion £s more!

I don't think she's planning to cut Scottish VAT independently. I think
this proposal is for the whole of the UK to cut VAT.

==

Ahh thanks, GB! That makes more sense!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/06/2020 16:44, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

don't care holding off any big purchase 'till then ......

The giant chocolate biscuits?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/06/2020 16:59, GB wrote:
On 29/06/2020 16:44, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

don't care holding off any big purchase 'till then ......

The giant chocolate biscuits?

yeeees baby

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 29 June 2020 16:56:42 UTC+1, Ophelia wrote:
I don't think she's planning to cut Scottish VAT independently. I think
this proposal is for the whole of the UK to cut VAT.

Ahh thanks, GB! That makes more sense!

It doesn't really. If she wants more money for public services (and more for Scotland from the UK Exchequer) what taxes does she want to put up to compensate for less VAT income?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/06/2020 16:56, Ophelia wrote:

"GB"Â* wrote in message ...

On 29/06/2020 16:19, Ophelia wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..."Â* wrote in message

Scottish Government plans to cut VAT rate

===

Â*Â*Â* I thought she was going to increase all taxes when the UK refused
to give her a few billion £s more!

I don't think she's planning to cut Scottish VAT independently. I think
this proposal is for the whole of the UK to cut VAT.

==

Â*Ahh thanks, GB!Â* That makes more sense!

15% being talked about .....20% is a fecking rip off anyway ....greedy
barstewards....but they have to pay for the asylam seekers somehow...

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB"Â* wrote in message ...

On 29/06/2020 16:19, Ophelia wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..."Â* wrote in message

Scottish Government plans to cut VAT rate

===

Â*Â*Â* I thought she was going to increase all taxes when the UK refused
to give her a few billion £s more!

I don't think she's planning to cut Scottish VAT independently. I think
this proposal is for the whole of the UK to cut VAT.

==

Â*Â*Ahh thanks, GB!Â* That makes more sense!

15% being talked about .....20% is a fecking rip off anyway ....greedy
barstewards....but they have to pay for the asylam seekers somehow...

who remembers when Labour stuck VAT up to 25% ? ...

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

Scottish Government plans to cut VAT rate

===

I thought she was going to increase all taxes when the UK refused
give her a few billion £s more!

I don't think she's planning to cut Scottish VAT independently. I think
this proposal is for the whole of the UK to cut VAT.

==

Ahh thanks, GB! That makes more sense!

VAT is a good little earner, it's a tax that even the unemployed and
visitors have to pay, so is unlikely to be got at.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB"Â* wrote in message ...

On 29/06/2020 16:19, Ophelia wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..."Â* wrote in message

Scottish Government plans to cut VAT rate

===

Â*Â*Â* I thought she was going to increase all taxes when the UK refused
to give her a few billion £s more!

I don't think she's planning to cut Scottish VAT independently. I think
this proposal is for the whole of the UK to cut VAT.

==

Â*Ahh thanks, GB!Â* That makes more sense!

15% being talked about .....20% is a fecking rip off anyway ....greedy
barstewards....but they have to pay for the asylam seekers somehow...

I thought the wee lassie was having some in her house?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 29 June 2020 14:35:48 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Scottish Government plans to cut VAT rate

There'll be a lot of English shopping in Scotland then?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 30 June 2020 08:01:52 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
15% being talked about .....20% is a fecking rip off anyway ....greedy
barstewards....but they have to pay for the asylam seekers somehow...

The asylum seekers are paid for by the Home Office.

Anyway, I like having a Syrian cake shop, a Syrian restaurant, and a Syrian barbers.

Before the Syrian cake shop arrived, a Greggs fudge doughnut was the height of patisserie sophistication within 40 miles. Not that I'm knocking Greggs fudge doughnuts; in comparison to Greggs a Bayne's fudge doughnut is a cowpat topped with cuckoo-spit.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB"Â* wrote in message ...

On 29/06/2020 16:19, Ophelia wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..."Â* wrote in message

Scottish Government plans to cut VAT rate

===

Â*Â*Â* I thought she was going to increase all taxes when the UK refused
to give her a few billion £s more!

I don't think she's planning to cut Scottish VAT independently. I think
this proposal is for the whole of the UK to cut VAT.

==

Â*Ahh thanks, GB!Â* That makes more sense!

15% being talked about .....20% is a fecking rip off anyway ....greedy
barstewards....but they have to pay for the asylam seekers somehow...

I thought the wee lassie was having some in her house?

what ? ...

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB"Â* wrote in message ...

On 29/06/2020 16:19, Ophelia wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..."Â* wrote in message

Scottish Government plans to cut VAT rate

===

Â*Â*Â* I thought she was going to increase all taxes when the UK
refused to give her a few billion £s more!

I don't think she's planning to cut Scottish VAT independently. I think
this proposal is for the whole of the UK to cut VAT.

==

Â*Â*Ahh thanks, GB!Â* That makes more sense!

15% being talked about .....20% is a fecking rip off anyway ....greedy
barstewards....but they have to pay for the asylam seekers somehow...

who remembers when Labour stuck VAT up to 25% ? ...

Only on luxuries like caravans, boats and yank tanks :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

Scottish Government plans to cut VAT rate

===

I thought she was going to increase all taxes when the UK refused
give her a few billion £s more!

I don't think she's planning to cut Scottish VAT independently. I think
this proposal is for the whole of the UK to cut VAT.

==

Ahh thanks, GB! That makes more sense!

VAT is a good little earner, it's a tax that even the unemployed and
visitors have to pay, so is unlikely to be got at.

VAT in scandinavia is between 23 and 25% !

It's a nice little earner for my neighbour who sold his MOT/repair shop
12 years ago but is still working, fixing cars on his drive, mostly for
his long standing customers. He charges VAT on the retail price of
parts, whihc is typically double the trade price, and just pockets it.

I suspect this practice is widespread.

His customers never seem to query the hand-written 'invoice', but then
I'm always amazed at how many people fall for the scam where someone
claiming to be a detective phones up and says they are trying to catch
a fraudster at the bank and the target must withdraw £thousands in cash
and hand it to an 'undercover detective' who will come to their house.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB"Â* wrote in message ...

On 29/06/2020 16:19, Ophelia wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..."Â* wrote in message

Scottish Government plans to cut VAT rate

===

Â*Â*Â* I thought she was going to increase all taxes when the UK
refused to give her a few billion £s more!

I don't think she's planning to cut Scottish VAT independently. I think
this proposal is for the whole of the UK to cut VAT.

==

Â*Â*Ahh thanks, GB!Â* That makes more sense!
15% being talked about .....20% is a fecking rip off anyway
....greedy barstewards....but they have to pay for the asylam seekers
somehow...

who remembers when Labour stuck VAT up to 25% ? ...

Only on luxuries like caravans, boats and yank tanks :-)

they charged it on my ft101e in the late 70's ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/06/2020 09:31, harry wrote:
On Monday, 29 June 2020 14:35:48 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Scottish Government plans to cut VAT rate

There'll be a lot of English shopping in Scotland then?

But there will be extra duty to pay if items cross the border. Buy
on-line and there will be extra fees from the couriers to collect the duty.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
Scottish Government plans to cut VAT rate

VAT rate is not a devolved power

HTH

tim

charging 20% VAT for domestic-use firewood - advice? Harry Davis UK diy 97 March 11th 13 11:38 PM
Electricity prices and VAT dave UK diy 4 January 29th 07 11:45 AM
FA: VAT Valve pneumatic actuator 10846 - XE28 air cylinder TLG Metalworking 0 January 25th 06 09:00 PM
New build and no VAT question Dave UK diy 10 March 3rd 05 08:49 PM