Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Amazon strange email change.

Has anyone else bought anything recently from Amazon. When you do the check
out you can see your address, its been the same for years, but now when the
confirmation email arrives it just has my first name and town as the
delivery address on the email. I cannot for the life of me see why this
should be done. I actually went back on line and it says my default address
completely but when you look at the pending orders anything in there has
this very truncated data. Seems pointless and just a little confusing. Let
us all hope that the address they actually print on the box is the full one
and not the mutilated one, or I'll never see it as Brian in Kingston Upon
Thames!

This is a recent change, as I myself have not altered anything.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 24 June 2020 07:43:03 UTC+1, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Has anyone else bought anything recently from Amazon. When you do the check
out you can see your address, its been the same for years, but now when the
confirmation email arrives it just has my first name and town as the
delivery address on the email. I cannot for the life of me see why this
should be done. I actually went back on line and it says my default address
completely but when you look at the pending orders anything in there has
this very truncated data. Seems pointless and just a little confusing. Let
us all hope that the address they actually print on the box is the full one
and not the mutilated one, or I'll never see it as Brian in Kingston Upon
Thames!

This is a recent change, as I myself have not altered anything.
Brian

Can confirm this change has occurred but only assumption is available to explain. Which is that it reduces the possibility of leaking information. Doesn't make much difference most of the time as, if we need to know the address, we can check in our account.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 07:42:57 +0100, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
wrote:

Has anyone else bought anything recently from Amazon. When you do the check
out you can see your address, its been the same for years, but now when the
confirmation email arrives it just has my first name and town as the
delivery address on the email. I cannot for the life of me see why this
should be done. I actually went back on line and it says my default address
completely but when you look at the pending orders anything in there has
this very truncated data. Seems pointless and just a little confusing. Let
us all hope that the address they actually print on the box is the full one
and not the mutilated one, or I'll never see it as Brian in Kingston Upon
Thames!

This is a recent change, as I myself have not altered anything.
Brian

I noticed that too. At first I thought Royal Mail will have a
challenge with this one, then I established the full address is still
shown on the consignment.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/06/2020 07:42, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Has anyone else bought anything recently from Amazon. When you do the check
out you can see your address, its been the same for years, but now when the
confirmation email arrives it just has my first name and town as the
delivery address on the email. I cannot for the life of me see why this
should be done. I actually went back on line and it says my default address
completely but when you look at the pending orders anything in there has
this very truncated data. Seems pointless and just a little confusing. Let
us all hope that the address they actually print on the box is the full one
and not the mutilated one, or I'll never see it as Brian in Kingston Upon
Thames!

This is a recent change, as I myself have not altered anything.
Brian

it's computerised what do you expect ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

[...]

It's probably something to do with GDPR and the perceived insecurity of
email.

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/06/2020 07:42, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Has anyone else bought anything recently from Amazon. When you do the check
out you can see your address, its been the same for years, but now when the
confirmation email arrives it just has my first name and town as the
delivery address on the email. I cannot for the life of me see why this
should be done. I actually went back on line and it says my default address
completely but when you look at the pending orders anything in there has
this very truncated data. Seems pointless and just a little confusing. Let
us all hope that the address they actually print on the box is the full one
and not the mutilated one, or I'll never see it as Brian in Kingston Upon
Thames!

This is a recent change, as I myself have not altered anything.

It changed about a month ago from what I can see...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/06/2020 10:15, Roger Hayter wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

[...]

Like Hermes 'software upgrade' at the start of the month that printed
the wrong barcode on address labels !!!.

Parcels going all over the country, and nowhere near the intended
address.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

On 24/06/2020 07:42, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Has anyone else bought anything recently from Amazon. When you do
the check
out you can see your address, its been the same for years, but now
when the
confirmation email arrives it just has my first name and town as the
delivery address on the email. I cannot for the life of me see why this
should be done. I actually went back on line and it says my default
address
completely but when you look at the pending orders anything in there
has
this very truncatedÂ* data. Seems pointless and just a little
confusing. Let
us all hope that the address they actually print on the box is the
full one
and not the mutilated one, or I'll never see itÂ* as Brian in
Kingston Upon
Thames!

This is a recent change, as I myself have not altered anything.
Â*Â* Brian

it's computerised what do you expect ....

It's probably something to do with GDPR and the perceived insecurity of
email.

Like Hermes 'software upgrade' at the start of the month that printed
the wrong barcode on address labels !!!.

Parcels going all over the country, and nowhere near the intended
address.

Except that the Amazon change worked fine.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

One might have expected an email telling us this? After all they are fast
enough when they want to flog us prime, video or music!
Brian

--
----- --

"John Rumm" wrote in message
On 24/06/2020 07:42, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Has anyone else bought anything recently from Amazon. When you do the
check
out you can see your address, its been the same for years, but now when
the
confirmation email arrives it just has my first name and town as the
delivery address on the email. I cannot for the life of me see why this
should be done. I actually went back on line and it says my default
address
completely but when you look at the pending orders anything in there has
this very truncated data. Seems pointless and just a little confusing.
Let
us all hope that the address they actually print on the box is the full
one
and not the mutilated one, or I'll never see it as Brian in Kingston
Upon
Thames!

This is a recent change, as I myself have not altered anything.

It changed about a month ago from what I can see...

--
Cheers,

John.

| Internode Ltd -
http://www.internode.co.uk |

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/06/2020 20:33, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Well not bought anything for a month or so. I did buy another echo dot but
did not notice, but my latest order is for more money so I checked it all.
grin.
Brian

An order I placed on 4th March did not showm my name and my address
correctly on the order confirmation email. Only my initals were shown
instead of my name and the first and half the 2nd line of the address
are missing.

--
Michael Chare