Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dishwasher Woes

Hi all

My Bosch dishwasher is playing up big time.

In operation it is making a hooting noise.
This seems to be occurring when the main pump is running rather
than the drain pump.
Also there is an under tray that is collecting small amounts of
water but this is enough to activate the drain pump
constantly.
Finally, the rcd tripped recently although I cannot be sure that
was down to the dishwasher.

Any ideas on the problem here please?

Thanks

Phil
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/06/2020 22:05, thescullster wrote:
Hi all

My Bosch dishwasher is playing up big time.

In operation it is making a hooting noise.
This seems to be occurring when the main pump is running rather
than the drain pump.
Also there is an under tray that is collecting small amounts of
water but this is enough to activate the drain pump
constantly.
Finally, the rcd tripped recently although I cannot be sure that
was down to the dishwasher.

Any ideas on the problem here please?

Thanks

Phil

My first guess would be a seal failure in the main pump, allowing water
to get into its bearings - and possibly its electrics. That could
explain all of your symptoms.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills Wrote in message:
On 11/06/2020 22:05, thescullster wrote: Hi all My Bosch dishwasher is playing up big time. In operation it is making a hooting noise. This seems to be occurring when the main pump is running rather than the drain pump. Also there is an under tray that is collecting small amounts of water but this is enough to activate the drain pump constantly. Finally, the rcd tripped recently although I cannot be sure that was down to the dishwasher. Any ideas on the problem here please? Thanks Phil My first guess would be a seal failure in the main pump, allowing water to get into its bearings - and possibly its electrics. That could explain all of your symptoms.-- Cheers,Roger

Thanks Roger

I'll have a look there first.

Phil
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

On 12/06/2020 21:37, thescullster wrote:
Roger Mills Wrote in message:
On 11/06/2020 22:05, thescullster wrote: Hi all My Bosch dishwasher is playing up big time. In operation it is making a hooting noise. This seems to be occurring when the main pump is running rather than the drain pump. Also there is an under tray that is collecting small amounts of water but this is enough to activate the drain pump constantly. Finally, the rcd tripped recently although I cannot be sure that was down to the dishwasher. Any ideas on the problem here please? Thanks Phil My first guess would be a seal failure in the main pump, allowing water to get into its bearings - and possibly its electrics. That could explain all of your symptoms.-- Cheers,Roger

Thanks Roger

I'll have a look there first.

Phil

On most recent-ish Bosch models the o-ring between the washing area and
the pump fails. It's so common there are replacement kits all over Ebay
and the usual suspects. The O-ring is available separately, but Bosch
suggest changing the entire pump housing - well they would

{A very dirty (greasy) door seal can also allow water into the base - in
fact it is designed to do so, as there is a drainage channel for the
purpose. Better than letting it leak over the floor I guess.}

In fact we need to do ours*, but it's a bit of a pain to get access to
do it properly and we discovered it's pretty much OK if we only do
"quick Washes". So the TUIT is delayed

*ours is an "aqua stop" model, so it just shuts of the water and sits
and sulks with an error code when it detects water in the bottom of it.
Then it's a game of drying it out with a hair dryer before the code will
reset