Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bosch Dishwasher Woes

I have the same issue and model as the original post. The filter compartment is dry but the pump keeps running, just a slight gurgling.....salt compartment is full of water but I think it normally is.
Any advice before I have to spend £95 to have a Bosch engineer look at it!

Shaun
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New - Bosch Dishwasher Salt Light Woes

Help will be appreciated.

After refilling with salt the Salt Light on our Bosch dishwasher comes
on after a few washes. A filling now only lasts for a fraction of the
original time. The model is SPS5462GB/19 - a four place setting model.

Does anyone have any fixes for this?

Thanks

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 14:22:13 +0000, Bill wrote:

Help will be appreciated.

After refilling with salt the Salt Light on our Bosch dishwasher comes
on after a few washes. A filling now only lasts for a fraction of the
original time. The model is SPS5462GB/19 - a four place setting model.

Does anyone have any fixes for this?

Has the adjustment lever been moved accidentally to the 'very hard water'
setting?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/11/2016 15:03, Bob Eager wrote:
On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 14:22:13 +0000, Bill wrote:

Help will be appreciated.

After refilling with salt the Salt Light on our Bosch dishwasher comes
on after a few washes. A filling now only lasts for a fraction of the
original time. The model is SPS5462GB/19 - a four place setting model.

Does anyone have any fixes for this?

Has the adjustment lever been moved accidentally to the 'very hard water'
setting?

No - nothing has been changed. The adjustment is hidden behind a flap
and can't be caught by accident.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/11/2016 14:22, Bill wrote:
Help will be appreciated.

After refilling with salt the Salt Light on our Bosch dishwasher comes
on after a few washes. A filling now only lasts for a fraction of the
original time. The model is SPS5462GB/19 - a four place setting model.

Does anyone have any fixes for this?

We had this problem with our Bosch just under 12 months after purchase,
just in time to call in a service person for free (who turned out to be
a woman). She said that it was often necessary to stir the salt around
in the salt compartment with a spoon for a time to ensure it didn't all
pool at the bottom. We've been doing this when the salt light comes on
too soon every week or two, and after re-filling, and it seems to work.
A bit of a design defect, of course, but an easy work-around. Of course
your problem might be a more serious one.

--
Clive Page
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/11/2016 15:53, Clive Page wrote:
On 10/11/2016 14:22, Bill wrote:
Help will be appreciated.

After refilling with salt the Salt Light on our Bosch dishwasher comes
on after a few washes. A filling now only lasts for a fraction of the
original time. The model is SPS5462GB/19 - a four place setting model.

Does anyone have any fixes for this?

We had this problem with our Bosch just under 12 months after purchase,
just in time to call in a service person for free (who turned out to be
a woman). She said that it was often necessary to stir the salt around
in the salt compartment with a spoon for a time to ensure it didn't all
pool at the bottom. We've been doing this when the salt light comes on
too soon every week or two, and after re-filling, and it seems to work.
A bit of a design defect, of course, but an easy work-around. Of course
your problem might be a more serious one.

Thanks for the tip - I'll give it a try and report next time the light
comes on.