Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lighting circuit - radial tree allowed?

I have a bathroom fan to fit in the loft for which I'll break into
& spur off the radial lighting circuit.

Whilst doing that I thought I should install a simple loft light.

Can I do both these things on the same spur off the lighting
radial circuit? In effect making a branch with two fixtures on
it?

TIA
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 20 May 2020 09:29:29 UTC+1, JimK wrote:
I have a bathroom fan to fit in the loft for which I'll break into
& spur off the radial lighting circuit.
Whilst doing that I thought I should install a simple loft light.
Can I do both these things on the same spur off the lighting
radial circuit? In effect making a branch with two fixtures on
it?

Yes.

There isn't really a concept of a "spur" as it's a radial circuit and there are no limits to the number or direction of branches.

Fit a local isolator to the fan as otherwise you'll have to turn off the loft light to work on the fan in the dark

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/05/2020 09:29, Jimk wrote:
I have a bathroom fan to fit in the loft for which I'll break into
& spur off the radial lighting circuit.

Whilst doing that I thought I should install a simple loft light.

Can I do both these things on the same spur off the lighting
radial circuit? In effect making a branch with two fixtures on
it?

Yup, you can split and branch anywhere you like...

--
Cheers,

John.