Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Switched spurs on a lighting circuit, is it allowed?

My kitchen lighting is at the end of the downstairs radial lighting circuit and what I want to do is take the lighting mains into a three gang switch and run three switched feeds (spurs) out to three lights. Is this allowed in the current regs?

P.S. does anyone know how to post to more than one group at the same time with this new-fangled groups system?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/06/2013 21:38, wrote:
My kitchen lighting is at the end of the downstairs radial lighting
circuit and what I want to do is take the lighting mains into a three
gang switch and run three switched feeds (spurs) out to three lights.
Is this allowed in the current regs?

Yes. Lighting radials can branch anywhere you like, and change wiring
style mid circuit as well if you want.

P.S. does anyone know how to post to more than one group at the same
time with this new-fangled groups system?

Yup, get this:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

Install, and configure thus:

;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Great stuff. Thanks John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 9:38:39 PM UTC+1, wrote:

My kitchen lighting is at the end of the downstairs radial lighting circuit and what I want to do is take the lighting mains into a three gang switch and run three switched feeds (spurs) out to three lights. Is this allowed in the current regs?

sure is

P.S. does anyone know how to post to more than one group at the same time with this new-fangled groups system?

No. I hate tbird.

NT