DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Switched spurs on a lighting circuit, is it allowed? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/357407-switched-spurs-lighting-circuit-allowed.html)

[email protected] June 4th 13 09:38 PM

Switched spurs on a lighting circuit, is it allowed?

My kitchen lighting is at the end of the downstairs radial lighting circuit and what I want to do is take the lighting mains into a three gang switch and run three switched feeds (spurs) out to three lights. Is this allowed in the current regs?

P.S. does anyone know how to post to more than one group at the same time with this new-fangled groups system?

John Rumm June 4th 13 09:54 PM

On 04/06/2013 21:38, wrote:
My kitchen lighting is at the end of the downstairs radial lighting
circuit and what I want to do is take the lighting mains into a three
gang switch and run three switched feeds (spurs) out to three lights.
Is this allowed in the current regs?

Yes. Lighting radials can branch anywhere you like, and change wiring
style mid circuit as well if you want.

P.S. does anyone know how to post to more than one group at the same
time with this new-fangled groups system?

Yup, get this:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

Install, and configure thus:

;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

[email protected] June 4th 13 11:16 PM

Switched spurs on a lighting circuit, is it allowed?

Great stuff. Thanks John.

[email protected] June 5th 13 04:47 AM

On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 9:38:39 PM UTC+1, wrote:

My kitchen lighting is at the end of the downstairs radial lighting circuit and what I want to do is take the lighting mains into a three gang switch and run three switched feeds (spurs) out to three lights. Is this allowed in the current regs?

sure is

P.S. does anyone know how to post to more than one group at the same time with this new-fangled groups system?

No. I hate tbird.

NT

polygonum June 5th 13 08:04 AM

On 05/06/2013 04:47, wrote:
On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 9:38:39 PM UTC+1, wrote:

My kitchen lighting is at the end of the downstairs radial lighting circuit and what I want to do is take the lighting mains into a three gang switch and run three switched feeds (spurs) out to three lights. Is this allowed in the current regs?

sure is

P.S. does anyone know how to post to more than one group at the same time with this new-fangled groups system?

No. I hate tbird.

NT

Don't follow - have I completely missed something about Thunderbird and
a groups system?

--
Rod

Tim Watts[_2_] June 5th 13 08:16 AM

On Tuesday 04 June 2013 21:38 wrote in uk.d-i-y:

My kitchen lighting is at the end of the downstairs radial lighting
circuit and what I want to do is take the lighting mains into a three gang
switch and run three switched feeds (spurs) out to three lights. Is this
allowed in the current regs?

P.S. does anyone know how to post to more than one group at the same time
with this new-fangled groups system?

Yes - get a proper NNTP feed and client:

Reading this on the web? See:

John Rumm June 5th 13 02:10 PM

On 05/06/2013 08:04, polygonum wrote:
On 05/06/2013 04:47, wrote:
On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 9:38:39 PM UTC+1, wrote:

My kitchen lighting is at the end of the downstairs radial lighting
circuit and what I want to do is take the lighting mains into a three
gang switch and run three switched feeds (spurs) out to three lights.
Is this allowed in the current regs?

sure is

P.S. does anyone know how to post to more than one group at the same
time with this new-fangled groups system?

No. I hate tbird.

NT

Don't follow - have I completely missed something about Thunderbird and
a groups system?

I suggested (somewhat tongue in cheek) that a way of being able to cross
post, was to install thunderbird and use a news server rather than
titting about posting using a search engine!

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |

[email protected] June 5th 13 03:48 PM

On Wednesday, June 5, 2013 8:04:58 AM UTC+1, polygonum wrote:
On 05/06/2013 04:47, wrote:
On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 9:38:39 PM UTC+1, wrote:

P.S. does anyone know how to post to more than one group at the same time with this new-fangled groups system?

No. I hate tbird.

Don't follow - have I completely missed something about Thunderbird and
a groups system?

not afaik. I just hate tbird.

NT

polygonum June 5th 13 08:19 PM

On 05/06/2013 04:47, wrote:
On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 9:38:39 PM UTC+1, wrote:

My kitchen lighting is at the end of the downstairs radial lighting
circuit and what I want to do is take the lighting mains into a three
gang switch and run three switched feeds (spurs) out to three lights.
Is this allowed in the current regs?

sure is

P.S. does anyone know how to post to more than one group at the same
time with this new-fangled groups system?

No. I hate tbird.

NT

Don't follow - have I completely missed something about Thunderbird and
a groups system?

I suggested (somewhat tongue in cheek) that a way of being able to cross
post, was to install thunderbird and use a news server rather than
titting about posting using a search engine!

Right-ho - missed that!

--
Rod