Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Linseed oil mastic...???

what do you call that stuff when you were making up your own
mastic...you used boiled linseed oil and a red kind of granular stuff
may just have been raw mastic or something...it is annoying the **** out
of me that I can't remember what it was called probably only liseed oil
masic...not used it for years...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what do you call that stuff when you were making up your own
mastic...you used boiled linseed oil and a red kind of granular stuff
may just have been raw mastic or something...it is annoying the **** out
of me that I can't remember what it was called probably only liseed oil
masic...not used it for years...

https://scialert.net/fulltext/?doi=jas.2006.1009.1016

"The name putty is also applied to substances resembling putty,
such as red-lead putty, mixtures of red and white lead and linseed oil."

Somehow, that doesn't sound all that safe.

Paul
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/05/2020 13:02, Paul wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what do you call that stuff when you were making up your own
mastic...you used boiled linseed oil and a red kind of granular stuff
may just have been raw mastic or something...it is annoying the ****
out of me that I can't remember what it was called probably only
liseed oil masic...not used it for years...

https://scialert.net/fulltext/?doi=jas.2006.1009.1016

Â*Â* "The name putty is also applied to substances resembling putty,
Â*Â*Â* such as red-lead putty, mixtures of red and white lead and linseed
oil."

Somehow, that doesn't sound all that safe.

Â*Â* Paul

probably wasn't but things that work great never were...on reflection it
was probably just called linsead oil putty...I think
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/05/2020 11:48, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what do you call that stuff when you were making up your own
mastic...you used boiled linseed oil and a red kind of granular stuff
may just have been raw mastic or something...it is annoying the ****
out of me that I can't remember what it was called probably only
liseed oil masic...not used it for years...

loved the smell of that stuff