DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Linseed oil mastic...??? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/649429-linseed-oil-mastic.html)

Jim GM4DHJ ... May 18th 20 11:48 AM

Linseed oil mastic...???

what do you call that stuff when you were making up your own
mastic...you used boiled linseed oil and a red kind of granular stuff
may just have been raw mastic or something...it is annoying the **** out
of me that I can't remember what it was called probably only liseed oil
masic...not used it for years...

Paul[_46_] May 18th 20 01:02 PM

Linseed oil mastic...???

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what do you call that stuff when you were making up your own
mastic...you used boiled linseed oil and a red kind of granular stuff
may just have been raw mastic or something...it is annoying the **** out
of me that I can't remember what it was called probably only liseed oil
masic...not used it for years...

https://scialert.net/fulltext/?doi=jas.2006.1009.1016

"The name putty is also applied to substances resembling putty,
such as red-lead putty, mixtures of red and white lead and linseed oil."

Somehow, that doesn't sound all that safe.

Paul

Jim GM4DHJ ... May 18th 20 02:43 PM

Linseed oil mastic...???

On 18/05/2020 13:02, Paul wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what do you call that stuff when you were making up your own
mastic...you used boiled linseed oil and a red kind of granular stuff
may just have been raw mastic or something...it is annoying the ****
out of me that I can't remember what it was called probably only
liseed oil masic...not used it for years...

https://scialert.net/fulltext/?doi=jas.2006.1009.1016

Â*Â* "The name putty is also applied to substances resembling putty,
Â*Â*Â* such as red-lead putty, mixtures of red and white lead and linseed
oil."

Somehow, that doesn't sound all that safe.

Â*Â* Paul

probably wasn't but things that work great never were...on reflection it
was probably just called linsead oil putty...I think

critcher[_5_] May 18th 20 03:40 PM

Linseed oil mastic...???

On 18/05/2020 11:48, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what do you call that stuff when you were making up your own
mastic...you used boiled linseed oil and a red kind of granular stuff
may just have been raw mastic or something...it is annoying the ****
out of me that I can't remember what it was called probably only
liseed oil masic...not used it for years...

loved the smell of that stuff