Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plaster shortage?

Has anyone encountered a shortage of plaster in the sheds?

Asking for a friend. :-)

Cheers

Dave R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 May 2020 12:05:42 +0000, David wrote:

Has anyone encountered a shortage of plaster in the sheds?

Yes, it has sold out Countrywide.
The factories have started up again this week, so expect it to be back in
stock in 2 or 3 weeks time.
The builders merchants will get theirs before B+Q et al.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 13/05/2020 15:20, Alan wrote:
On Wed, 13 May 2020 12:05:42 +0000, David wrote:

Has anyone encountered a shortage of plaster in the sheds?

Yes, it has sold out Countrywide.
The factories have started up again this week, so expect it to be back in
stock in 2 or 3 weeks time.
The builders merchants will get theirs before B+Q et al.

And then they are probably only dealing with account customers.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/05/2020 15:20, Alan wrote:
On Wed, 13 May 2020 12:05:42 +0000, David wrote:

Has anyone encountered a shortage of plaster in the sheds?

Yes, it has sold out Countrywide.
The factories have started up again this week, so expect it to be back in
stock in 2 or 3 weeks time.
The builders merchants will get theirs before B+Q et al.

Perhaps I should ebay that nearly full bag of bonding I have in the
shed, see what it will fetch! :-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 May 2020 17:16:29 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

Has anyone encountered a shortage of plaster in the sheds?

Yes, it has sold out Countrywide.
The factories have started up again this week, so expect it to be

back
in stock in 2 or 3 weeks time.
The builders merchants will get theirs before B+Q et al.

Perhaps I should ebay that nearly full bag of bonding I have in the
shed, see what it will fetch! :-)

Couldn't give away a bag of finish or bonding earlier this week. Mind
you it is dated 2012. For small areas you just about have enough time
to mix, whack in, flatten and polish, provided you don't hang about,
before it sets. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/05/2020 20:02, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 13 May 2020 17:16:29 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

Has anyone encountered a shortage of plaster in the sheds?

Yes, it has sold out Countrywide.
The factories have started up again this week, so expect it to be

back
in stock in 2 or 3 weeks time.
The builders merchants will get theirs before B+Q et al.

Perhaps I should ebay that nearly full bag of bonding I have in the
shed, see what it will fetch! :-)

Couldn't give away a bag of finish or bonding earlier this week. Mind
you it is dated 2012. For small areas you just about have enough time
to mix, whack in, flatten and polish, provided you don't hang about,
before it sets. B-)

Pretty much why I keep and old bag of bonding - just the thing to set a
socket back box into when the wall has fallen to bits round the hole.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 13 May 2020 20:42:50 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
[...]

I made sure I was stocked with plaster, both bondage and finish. Of course I can't actually go where it is to get it!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 13 May 2020 21:26:10 UTC+1, wrote:
I made sure I was stocked with plaster, both bondage and finish.
Of course I can't actually go where it is to get it!

Bit tied up at the moment?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 13 May 2020 13:05:45 UTC+1, David WE Roberts (Google) wrote:
Has anyone encountered a shortage of plaster in the sheds?

Was chatting to my local builder's merchant today and he said his order was unlikely to be fulfilled until June. Had no problems getting 22 sheets of plasterboard - both he and Wickes had hundreds in stock - not sure whether it might've been already in place prior to lockdown though.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 13 May 2020 21:34:34 UTC+1, wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 May 2020 21:26:10 UTC+1, tabby wrote:

I made sure I was stocked with plaster, both bondage and finish.
Of course I can't actually go where it is to get it!

Bit tied up at the moment?

Owain

I've made lots of new holes & done the job. I would like to use the bonding plaster but just had to make do with a lesser subtitute. It'll do.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 14 May 2020 02:14:38 UTC+1, wrote:
bondage
Of course I can't actually go where it is to get it!

Bit tied up at the moment?

I've made lots of new holes & done the job.

fnarr fnarr

Owain

Shortage of scientists, engineers, and technicians [again] Don Foreman Metalworking 2 November 6th 07 02:15 AM
So when's the next water shortage due? Dave Baker[_2_] UK diy 35 August 26th 07 09:30 PM
Glue shortage? Dukes909 Woodworking 3 March 23rd 06 05:15 PM
Why There Is A Flu Vaccine Shortage [email protected] Metalworking 0 November 21st 04 11:11 AM
Shortage in Delivery Kevin UK diy 5 October 5th 04 07:10 PM