Kevin

Default Shortage in Delivery

I am putting new skirting in one bedroom and ordered 4 pieces of 3.9m
skirting cut down to 127mm wide and some picture rail. The timber yard
only delivered 3. But as my wife was out it was left on the drive but
covered over.
They now say that 4 were delivered, seems very inplausable that
somebody should run off with one piece on 3.9m long skirting. I
believe that they only cut 3 so only 3 were delivered.
I have just had to order one more piece so that I have enough and I am
not pleased bearing in mind that I do use this yard when ever I need
timber.
I was thinking, as this was paid for by credit card do I have grounds
to make a claim on the credit card company?

Trivial I know but then it is equally trivial for the timber company.

Kevin
Grunff

Kevin wrote:
I am putting new skirting in one bedroom and ordered 4 pieces of 3.9m
skirting cut down to 127mm wide and some picture rail. The timber yard
only delivered 3. But as my wife was out it was left on the drive but
covered over.
They now say that 4 were delivered, seems very inplausable that
somebody should run off with one piece on 3.9m long skirting. I
believe that they only cut 3 so only 3 were delivered.
I have just had to order one more piece so that I have enough and I am
not pleased bearing in mind that I do use this yard when ever I need
timber.
I was thinking, as this was paid for by credit card do I have grounds
to make a claim on the credit card company?

Trivial I know but then it is equally trivial for the timber company.

Whatever the outcome, make sure you never use them again! My timber
supplier would have without question sent out a replacement the next day
- even if the driver and the yard manager both swore blind that the
correct number were sent out. It just isn't worth arguing over such a
small quantity.

As for making a claim - unless this is particularly expensive skirting
I'd be inclined to chalk it up to experience and forget it. Surely it
can't be worth the hassle for a small amount?

--
Grunff
G&M

"Grunff" wrote in message
Kevin wrote:
[...]

Mine as well ! Tomlinson Parbans in High Lane for anybody in South
Manchester area -excellent (no connection - just believe proper service
should be recognised)

dg

"Kevin" wrote in message
om...
I am putting new skirting in one bedroom and ordered 4 pieces of 3.9m
skirting cut down to 127mm wide and some picture rail. The timber yard
only delivered 3. But as my wife was out it was left on the drive but
covered over.
They now say that 4 were delivered, seems very inplausable that
somebody should run off with one piece on 3.9m long skirting. I
believe that they only cut 3 so only 3 were delivered.
I have just had to order one more piece so that I have enough and I am
not pleased bearing in mind that I do use this yard when ever I need
timber.
I was thinking, as this was paid for by credit card do I have grounds
to make a claim on the credit card company?

Trivial I know but then it is equally trivial for the timber company.

Kevin

There is a £100 minimum for CC claims

Advise the shop that you will be reporting the theft to the Police and that
they might want to question the delivery driver and order picker to
determine where the theft occurred.

Also ask for a copy of the order note detailing that 4 pieces were taken
from stock.

However how much is this skirting - £1.50 /m ? Is it worth it?

dg

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
dg wrote:
Advise the shop that you will be reporting the theft to the Police and
that they might want to question the delivery driver and order picker
to determine where the theft occurred.

I think they'll realise this is a bluff. The police investigate anything
smaller than a million pound robbery? No chance.

--
*Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Kevin Rayner

"Kevin" wrote in message
om...
I am putting new skirting in one bedroom and ordered 4 pieces of 3.9m
skirting cut down to 127mm wide and some picture rail. The timber yard
only delivered 3. But as my wife was out it was left on the drive but
covered over.
They now say that 4 were delivered, seems very inplausable that
somebody should run off with one piece on 3.9m long skirting. I
believe that they only cut 3 so only 3 were delivered.
I have just had to order one more piece so that I have enough and I am
not pleased bearing in mind that I do use this yard when ever I need
timber.
I was thinking, as this was paid for by credit card do I have grounds
to make a claim on the credit card company?

Trivial I know but then it is equally trivial for the timber company.

Kevin

Just to update people with the saga of the short delivery. The company,
Watford Timber, swears blind, well the driver does, that he delivered 4
pieces of skirting so I had to order another piece. Although I arranged
delivery I called them back to hold fire until I would be home to accept
delivery.
I came home tonight and sitting on the front grass is a piece of timber, is
it a piece of torus skirting, is it hell. They have now delivered a piece of
plain 127mmx20mm timber.
No doubt the driver will swear blind he delivered skirting and somebody else
swapped it for plain timber. They even took the delivery sticker off the
skirting and put it on the piece that they replaced it with, they will say.
In case anybody is in any doubt this is Watford Timber.

Kevin