Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toolstation deliveries

Is anyone else experiencing difficulties with Toolstation deliveries?

I placed an order at 17:16 on Thursday the 7th, and the package was at
the Parcelforce depot at 05:49 on Friday morning. That's in Milton
Keynes, less than 20 miles from here, and at the moment on Sunday
afternoon it's still there. I hope it will arrive tomorrow.
My last Toolstation order took 48 hours to arrive. I said nothing,
because I thought it might be a one-off, but obviously Parcelforce have
problems.

Click and Collect isn't an option for me as I'm a wrinkly in self-isolation.

--
Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ramsman wrote:

Is anyone else experiencing difficulties with Toolstation deliveries?

I placed an order at 17:16 on Thursday the 7th, and the package was at
the Parcelforce depot at 05:49 on Friday morning. That's in Milton
Keynes, less than 20 miles from here, and at the moment on Sunday
afternoon it's still there. I hope it will arrive tomorrow.
My last Toolstation order took 48 hours to arrive. I said nothing,
because I thought it might be a one-off, but obviously Parcelforce have
problems.

Click and Collect isn't an option for me as I'm a wrinkly in self-isolation.

Somewhat bizarrely it was May Day bank holiday on Friday. And
Parcelforce do have a 48 hour service as well as a 24 hour one. And
don't deliver Saturday normally. Although round here it's the ordinary
post people delivering it, so there is no reason why they shouldn't.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Ramsman wrote:
Is anyone else experiencing difficulties with Toolstation deliveries?

I placed an order at 17:16 on Thursday the 7th, and the package was at
the Parcelforce depot at 05:49 on Friday morning. That's in Milton
Keynes, less than 20 miles from here, and at the moment on Sunday
afternoon it's still there. I hope it will arrive tomorrow. My last
Toolstation order took 48 hours to arrive. I said nothing, because I
thought it might be a one-off, but obviously Parcelforce have problems.

Click and Collect isn't an option fOr me as I'm a wrinkly in
self-isolation.

-- Peter

In case you hadn't noticed, Friday was a Bank Holiday, so there wouldn't
have been any deliveries on that day.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 May 2020 13:22:40 +0100, Ramsman wrote:

Is anyone else experiencing difficulties with Toolstation deliveries?

I placed an order at 17:16 on Thursday the 7th, and the package was at
the Parcelforce depot at 05:49 on Friday morning. That's in Milton
Keynes, less than 20 miles from here, and at the moment on Sunday
afternoon it's still there. I hope it will arrive tomorrow.
My last Toolstation order took 48 hours to arrive. I said nothing,
because I thought it might be a one-off, but obviously Parcelforce have
problems.

FFS, havent you heard, the parcel companies are inundated with deliveries?
And, it was a Bank Holiday on Friday.
Have you paid for a Saturday or Sunday delivery? No, then what the ****
do you expect? Someone from the shop to deliver it personally to you?
Yes, expect delays, and dont expect deliveries on a BH.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/05/2020 13:58, Alan wrote:
On Sun, 10 May 2020 13:22:40 +0100, Ramsman wrote:

Is anyone else experiencing difficulties with Toolstation deliveries?

I placed an order at 17:16 on Thursday the 7th, and the package was at
the Parcelforce depot at 05:49 on Friday morning. That's in Milton
Keynes, less than 20 miles from here, and at the moment on Sunday
afternoon it's still there. I hope it will arrive tomorrow.
My last Toolstation order took 48 hours to arrive. I said nothing,
because I thought it might be a one-off, but obviously Parcelforce have
problems.

FFS, havent you heard, the parcel companies are inundated with deliveries?
And, it was a Bank Holiday on Friday.
Have you paid for a Saturday or Sunday delivery? No, then what the ****
do you expect? Someone from the shop to deliver it personally to you?
Yes, expect delays, and dont expect deliveries on a BH.

Thank you for your elegant and reasonably-articulated reply.

I had forgotten it was a Bank Holiday as I was working as normal. It's
not clear from the Parcelforce website whether they deliver on Saturdays.

--
Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/05/2020 13:22, Ramsman wrote:
Is anyone else experiencing difficulties with Toolstation deliveries?

I placed an order at 17:16 on Thursday the 7th, and the package was at
the Parcelforce depot at 05:49 on Friday morning. That's in Milton
Keynes, less than 20 miles from here, and at the moment on Sunday
afternoon it's still there. I hope it will arrive tomorrow.
My last Toolstation order took 48 hours to arrive. I said nothing,
because I thought it might be a one-off, but obviously Parcelforce have
problems.

Click and Collect isn't an option for me as I'm a wrinkly in
self-isolation.

The sackcloth and ashes are being prepared as I write. The fact that
Toolstation provide Next Business Day delivery escaped me as I had
forgotten that it was a Bank Holiday on Friday, and of course Saturday
is not a business day.

Despite the current general working situation I'm busier than I have
been for several months, and so have been working every day all last
week, including weekends and that Bank Holiday, and will be next week as
well.

--
Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/05/2020 15:37, Ramsman wrote:
[...]

Also forge tthat Royal Mail no longer deliver, or collect, on Saturdays.
Hopefully that will not last, but as they have been aiming to do that
for some time I would not hold my breath!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/05/2020 13:22, Ramsman wrote:
Is anyone else experiencing difficulties with Toolstation deliveries?

I placed an order at 17:16 on Thursday the 7th, and the package was at
the Parcelforce depot at 05:49 on Friday morning. That's in Milton
Keynes, less than 20 miles from here, and at the moment on Sunday
afternoon it's still there. I hope it will arrive tomorrow.
My last Toolstation order took 48 hours to arrive. I said nothing,
because I thought it might be a one-off, but obviously Parcelforce have
problems.

Click and Collect isn't an option for me as I'm a wrinkly in
self-isolation.

I'm finding that Royal Mail 48hr and Parcel Farce are taking around 5 to
7 working days for deliveries.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ramsman wrote:

I had forgotten that it was a Bank Holiday on Friday

I wondered why I got an odd response from a colleague when I said I
wouldn't be working on Friday ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Broadback
wrote:
[...]

we did get a delivery on Saturday 2nd.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
On 10/05/2020 13:22, Ramsman wrote:
Is anyone else experiencing difficulties with Toolstation deliveries?

I placed an order at 17:16 on Thursday the 7th, and the package was at
the Parcelforce depot at 05:49 on Friday morning. That's in Milton
Keynes, less than 20 miles from here, and at the moment on Sunday
afternoon it's still there. I hope it will arrive tomorrow.
My last Toolstation order took 48 hours to arrive. I said nothing,
because I thought it might be a one-off, but obviously Parcelforce have
problems.

Click and Collect isn't an option for me as I'm a wrinkly in
self-isolation.

I'm finding that Royal Mail 48hr and Parcel Farce are taking around 5 to
7 working days for deliveries.

I've had a couple of 48hrs ones within time. It probably depends on where
its from and where you are

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/05/2020 13:22, Ramsman wrote:
Is anyone else experiencing difficulties with Toolstation deliveries?

I placed an order at 17:16 on Thursday the 7th, and the package was at
the Parcelforce depot at 05:49 on Friday morning. That's in Milton
Keynes, less than 20 miles from here, and at the moment on Sunday
afternoon it's still there. I hope it will arrive tomorrow.
My last Toolstation order took 48 hours to arrive. I said nothing,
because I thought it might be a one-off, but obviously Parcelforce have
problems.

Click and Collect isn't an option for me as I'm a wrinkly in
self-isolation.

Yeah its called Corvid virus.

You are a idiot

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote:

I'm finding that Royal Mail 48hr and Parcel Farce are taking around 5 to
7 working days for deliveries.

Amazon seem to be coping, they gave me another 30-day prime trial when I
ordered something on saturday evening, delivered sunday afternoon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 11 May 2020 08:00:12 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

alan_m wrote:

I'm finding that Royal Mail 48hr and Parcel Farce are taking around 5
to 7 working days for deliveries.

Amazon seem to be coping, they gave me another 30-day prime trial when I
ordered something on saturday evening, delivered sunday afternoon.

I have never failed to get next day deliveries from RS (via ParcelForce),
even recently.