Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default Toolstation deliveries

On 10/05/2020 15:37, Ramsman wrote:
On 10/05/2020 13:22, Ramsman wrote:
Is anyone else experiencing difficulties with Toolstation deliveries?

I placed an order at 17:16 on Thursday the 7th, and the package was at
the Parcelforce depot at 05:49 on Friday morning. That's in Milton
Keynes, less than 20 miles from here, and at the moment on Sunday
afternoon it's still there. I hope it will arrive tomorrow.
My last Toolstation order took 48 hours to arrive. I said nothing,
because I thought it might be a one-off, but obviously Parcelforce
have problems.

Click and Collect isn't an option for me as I'm a wrinkly in
self-isolation.

The sackcloth and ashes are being prepared as I write. The fact that
Toolstation provide Next Business Day delivery escaped me as I had
forgotten that it was a Bank Holiday on Friday, and of course Saturday
is not a business day.

Despite the current general working situation I'm busier than I have
been for several months, and so have been working every day all last
week, including weekends and that Bank Holiday, and will be next week as
well.

Also forge tthat Royal Mail no longer deliver, or collect, on Saturdays.
Hopefully that will not last, but as they have been aiming to do that
for some time I would not hold my breath!