Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Correct way to fit PPE

Interestingly this goes against my training at a different hospital.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52351029

The video bit.

Now I have been trained to put the face mask on first.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/04/2020 20:29, ARW wrote:
Interestingly this goes against my training at a different hospital.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52351029

The video bit.

Now I have been trained to put the face mask on first.

I was told the mask is the first thing you put on your face so it can be
the last thing you take off - else you risk breathing in the [nasty
stuff du jour] when taking off all your other PPE.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 20/04/2020 21:36, Robin wrote:
On 20/04/2020 20:29, ARW wrote:
Interestingly this goes against my training at a different hospital.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52351029

The video bit.

Now I have been trained to put the face mask on first.

I was told the mask is the first thing you put on your face so it can be
the last thing you take off - else you risk breathing in the [nasty
stuff du jour] when taking off all your other PPE.

First on last off.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/04/2020 20:29, ARW wrote:
Interestingly this goes against my training at a different hospital.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52351029

The video bit.

Now I have been trained to put the face mask on first.

I was told the mask is the first thing you put on your face so it can
be the last thing you take off - else you risk breathing in the [nasty
stuff du jour] when taking off all your other PPE.

First on last off.

That's certainly my general understanding. It's a bit different in C2
radiation areas (where the airbourn contamination levels are considered
negligible) where you open your coveralls with gloves on, then remove
one arm leaving the glove behind so that you now have a clean hand to
get the coverall off your shoulders without touching an outside surface.
You also have a dosemeter in an inside pocket, at some places, and you
can then remove it without getting it contaminated.

Correct or not correct ARW[_2_] UK diy 44 September 5th 17 03:53 PM
PPE for Circular Sawing simon mitchelmore UK diy 3 January 31st 17 09:19 PM
No PPE making an hell of a cloud of dust Harry Bloomfield[_3_] UK diy 5 June 7th 15 09:08 AM
RCDs and PPE ARW UK diy 4 August 5th 14 11:22 AM
Whats the correct way to fit skirting boards Marc UK diy 11 March 5th 07 09:45 AM