Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default RCDs and PPE

http://www.greenbrook.co.uk/generato...010_498361.pdf

Page 22. I hope she had done a proper risk assesment and was wearing a hi
viz bikini - anything else would be dangerous.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , ARW
o.uk scribeth thus
http://www.greenbrook.co.uk/generato...010_498361.pdf

Page 22. I hope she had done a proper risk assesment and was wearing a hi
viz bikini - anything else would be dangerous.

Well apart from that a very interesting read on RCD units etc...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/08/2014 14:02, tony sayer wrote:
[...]
Well apart from that a very interesting read on RCD units etc...

Yes, including a very interesting section on the causes of spurious
tripping (p. 36, 9.1 onward).

--
Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" writes:

http://www.greenbrook.co.uk/generato...010_498361.pdf

Page 22. I hope she had done a proper risk assesment and was wearing a hi
viz bikini - anything else would be dangerous.

Surely all bikinis are hi viz? They get noticed very quickly!

But that's an interesting book.

Section 2.3 says that currents between 5 and 10 mA. may make it
impossible for the victim to let go, especially if female, but
elsewhere it says that that level of current may not kill.
Which sounds like slow torture. Not nice at all.

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ S c o t s h o m e . c o m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Andy Wade spambucket@max
well.myzen.co.uk scribeth thus
On 03/08/2014 14:02, tony sayer wrote:
[...]
Well apart from that a very interesting read on RCD units etc...

Yes, including a very interesting section on the causes of spurious
tripping (p. 36, 9.1 onward).

Perhaps a reference to this ought be in the Wiki?..
--
Tony Sayer

Do RCDs actually work? Windmill[_5_] UK diy 114 August 4th 14 08:16 PM
RCDs Dave UK diy 14 August 14th 08 10:47 AM
multiple RCDs Richard Tobin UK diy 16 July 3rd 08 12:12 PM
RCDs Keith Dunbar UK diy 22 February 29th 08 07:01 PM
RCDs [email protected] UK diy 25 August 2nd 06 03:21 PM