Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tips for clean edge between wall and ceiling

Hi All

We had bought paint for a couple of rooms but haven't got around to painting them. The lockdown is currently posing and opportunity to do it... One thing we always struggle with is getting a good clean line between the white ceiling and coloured walls. We have tried the following over the years without much luck
1. Paint ceiling the masking tape ceiling line and paint wall. The tape tended to pull paint off the ceiling, bleed paint and also if the edge undulates a bit hard to tape
2. Used a variety of plastic / metal flat plates to put on the edge and paint up to. Since they are not full length of the wall the line tends to go a bit wonky
3. One of those rollers with the plastic plate between it and the edge. Tends to bleed paint.
4. Freehand- we are no artists and worse of the lot.

Anyone got any cunning tips for this ?

Thanks

Lee.