Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimk Jimk is offline

Default Tips for clean edge between wall and ceiling

Lee Nowell Wrote in message:
Hi All

We had bought paint for a couple of rooms but haven't got around to painting them. The lockdown is currently posing and opportunity to do it... One thing we always struggle with is getting a good clean line between the white ceiling and coloured walls. We have tried the following over the years without much luck
1. Paint ceiling the masking tape ceiling line and paint wall. The tape tended to pull paint off the ceiling, bleed paint and also if the edge undulates a bit hard to tape
2. Used a variety of plastic / metal flat plates to put on the edge and paint up to. Since they are not full length of the wall the line tends to go a bit wonky
3. One of those rollers with the plastic plate between it and the edge. Tends to bleed paint.
4. Freehand- we are no artists and worse of the lot.

Anyone got any cunning tips for this ?

Thanks

Lee.

As it's not going to be a razorr sharp 90degree corner anyway the
only one worth pursuing is no.4.

Decent brush, decent amount of paint, make it ooze out a bead to
form the edge of the colour & then drag/pull that along the edge
say 6" at a time before recharging brush. Plenty damp cloths
(micro cloth things are great) to remove cockups.

If you get enough paint on from the bead, you won't need to do a
2nd coat anywhere near the edge....
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----