Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default G4: halogen or LED?

We have a number of those "bedside lights" with a transformer in the
base and a pair of "radio aeriels" taking 12 volts AC to the light unit
containing a 20 watt halogen G4.

I've just used my last spare halogen bulb, I see there are loads of LED
replacements around.

For main domestic lights I have long since replaced halogens with LED
but I am not so bothered about energy saving or safety for bedside
lights, and I do find halogens give good light for reading.

Are LEDs OK in this type of light, or would you stick with halogens?
Presumably the crude power supplies work fine with LED?

TIA

Halogen v LED F[_2_] UK diy 4 January 24th 10 09:41 PM
LED energy saving bulbs for mains/halogen fittings Tom[_4_] UK diy 27 January 10th 10 10:57 PM
Halogen V,s LED Lighting ronnie UK diy 8 February 8th 09 11:20 AM
selling led lighting such as led christmas light,led decorative light,led house lamp led lighting UK diy 0 February 6th 07 06:45 AM
LED,LED Lamp,LED Lights,LED Display,Automotive Lamp,LED Chip,LED Module [email protected] Electronics 0 December 4th 05 11:08 AM