Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Halogen v LED

Lidl have some LED downlighters on offer on 28 January
(http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/l...ndex_7776.htm).

They look to be an LED version of some 4 x 20W halogen bars I got from
Aldi a couple of years ago which get a little hot if left on for more
than a short time.

Would the LEDs run cooler?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24 Jan, 19:02, F noone@nowhere wrote:
Lidl have some LED downlighters on offer on 28 January
(http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/l...ndex_7776.htm).

They look to be an LED version of some 4 x 20W halogen bars I got from
Aldi a couple of years ago which get a little hot if left on for more
than a short time.

Would the LEDs run cooler?

Yes, LEDs run virtually cold. But whether they're any good at actually
providing light or not is another matter. By the way, we can't see
anything via the link - it's a recurring problem here, Aldi's links
are non-transferrable.

Cheers!

Martin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

F explained on 24/01/2010 :
Lidl have some LED downlighters on offer on 28 January
(http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/l...ndex_7776.htm).

They look to be an LED version of some 4 x 20W halogen bars I got from Aldi a
couple of years ago which get a little hot if left on for more than a short
time.

Would the LEDs run cooler?

Much, much cooler - cold, or almost cold. If you check the actual
wattage, they use very much less.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Martin Pentreath" wrote in message
By the way, we can't see
anything via the link - it's a recurring problem here, Aldi's links
are non-transferrable.

Link worked fine for me - I just had to enter a postcode for the aldi site
could work out where my closest store was.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dg dg is offline

On 24 Jan, 19:02, F noone@nowhere wrote:
Lidl have some LED downlighters on offer on 28 January
(http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/l...ndex_7776.htm).

They look to be an LED version of some 4 x 20W halogen bars I got from
Aldi a couple of years ago which get a little hot if left on for more
than a short time.

Would the LEDs run cooler?

Not only cool, but much less light, and worse of all the colour/
quality of the light is awful

dg

Halogen sockets David Lesher Electronics Repair 4 March 11th 08 08:23 PM
halogen or incandescent Em Home Repair 3 March 3rd 07 07:10 PM
halogen dimmer Sammy Electronics Repair 37 November 25th 06 09:02 PM
Halogen Spots Charles Middleton UK diy 2 January 10th 06 02:00 PM
Another LV Halogen question ! Angela UK diy 12 December 21st 03 01:51 PM