Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default At home or in the house?

On Tuesday, 24 March 2020 14:25:14 UTC, charles wrote:
In article , Bert Coules
wrote:
The official announcement on gov.uk/coronavirus actually uses the wording
"You should only leave *the house* for one of four reasons" - so there
at least, staying at home does equal staying inside.

But there's ambiguity in that document too: one of the permitted reasons
is "one form of exercise a day". One form? So strictly speaking,
twenty separate walks a day is fine, ten walks and ten bike rides is
not. I know I'm splitting hairs but I do wish that these things could
be written by people who know how to use the language. If you mean "one
period of exercise" then say so.

It would also help if the authors were not townies.

Is a country mile run different from a London mile run.

I class going to the shops as exercise, walking then carrying stuff home,
try carrying 10 litres of cat litter in each hand.
For DIY how about carrying 12LG of plaster or whatever I'd call that exercise too !

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
The official announcement on gov.uk/coronavirus actually uses the
wording
"You should only leave *the house* for one of four reasons" - so there
at least, staying at home does equal staying inside.

But there's ambiguity in that document too: one of the permitted
reasons
is "one form of exercise a day". One form? So strictly speaking,
twenty separate walks a day is fine, ten walks and ten bike rides is
not. I know I'm splitting hairs but I do wish that these things could
be written by people who know how to use the language. If you mean
"one
period of exercise" then say so.

It would also help if the authors were not townies.

Is a country mile run different from a London mile run.

Yep, you can get run over by the fox hunters
in the country and by the traffic in London.

I class going to the shops as exercise,
walking then carrying stuff home,

Boris doesnt, so its off to the gulag for you boy.

try carrying 10 litres of cat litter in each hand.

Let the cat **** outside.

For DIY how about carrying 12LG of plaster
or whatever I'd call that exercise too !

More fool you. Boris doesnt, so its off to the gulag for you, boy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:54:14 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile asshole's latest troll****

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder