Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default At home or in the house?

On Tuesday, 24 March 2020 14:25:14 UTC, charles wrote:
In article , Bert Coules
wrote:
The official announcement on gov.uk/coronavirus actually uses the wording
"You should only leave *the house* for one of four reasons" - so there
at least, staying at home does equal staying inside.

But there's ambiguity in that document too: one of the permitted reasons
is "one form of exercise a day". One form? So strictly speaking,
twenty separate walks a day is fine, ten walks and ten bike rides is
not. I know I'm splitting hairs but I do wish that these things could
be written by people who know how to use the language. If you mean "one
period of exercise" then say so.

It would also help if the authors were not townies.

Is a country mile run different from a London mile run.

I class going to the shops as exercise, walking then carrying stuff home,
try carrying 10 litres of cat litter in each hand.
For DIY how about carrying 12LG of plaster or whatever I'd call that exercise too !

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England