Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Epoxy coatings

Have deeper than usual MDF internal window cill inside which was previously (
badly) painted in old fashioned oil based gloss. Had thought about over
laying a pvc cill but they're not made deep enough. So question is would it
he possible to cover this in a brilliant white pourble epoxy resin and if so
can somebody point me in the direction of a supplier..

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-1415257-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/03/2020 21:44, Mr Mark A Colfer wrote:
Have deeper than usual MDF internal window cill inside which was
previously (
badly) painted in old fashioned oil based gloss.Â* Had thought about over
laying a pvc cill but they're not made deep enough.Â* So question is
would it

How deep do you need? Our front window has one 18" deep, but IIRC, it
was 24" before I cut it to fit - it was some years ago.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/03/2020 21:44, Mr Mark A Colfer wrote:
Have deeper than usual MDF internal window cill inside which was
previously (
badly) painted in old fashioned oil based gloss.Â* Had thought about over
laying a pvc cill but they're not made deep enough.Â* So question is
would it
he possible to cover this in a brilliant white pourble epoxy resin and
if so
can somebody point me in the direction of a supplier..

Why not strip the paint (hot air gun or Nitromors) and repaint it?

BTW many people (including me) prefer oil-based paint to acrylics,
especially on something like a window sill/cill.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/03/2020 21:44, Mr Mark A Colfer wrote:
Have deeper than usual MDF internal window cill inside which was
previously (
badly) painted in old fashioned oil based gloss.Â* Had thought about over
laying a pvc cill but they're not made deep enough.Â* So question is
would it
he possible to cover this in a brilliant white pourble epoxy resin and
if so
can somebody point me in the direction of a supplier..

What about covering with UPVC cill trim
https://www.masterplastics.co.uk/sto...ll-cover-board

Different sizes are available. Around my way I have seen companies on
trading estates supllying UPVC trim products for all types of applications.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/03/2020 21:44, Mr Mark A Colfer wrote:
Have deeper than usual MDF internal window cill inside which was
previously (
badly) painted in old fashioned oil based gloss.Â* Had thought about over
laying a pvc cill but they're not made deep enough.Â* So question is
would it
he possible to cover this in a brilliant white pourble epoxy resin and
if so
can somebody point me in the direction of a supplier..

Depending your window type what about removing the current cill and
replace with a plastic coated product? When I had my DG windows done the
internal cill was the last thing fitted prior to making good the
surrounding plaster and beads of sealer to seal the join to the window.
My internal cills are a plastic coated MDF.