Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 3 inch strap on boss.....

Ideally I need to connect a sink waste to a soil pipe, it's 3 inch.
Does a 3 inch strap on boss exist? Because I can't find one.

And if I can't find a suitable boss....
Would it be a terrible idea to drill a suitable sized hold in the soil
pipe and just ram the boss adapter in?

By adapter i'm talking about this,
https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-...m-5-pack/89174

Also do we care where we connect it?
There's a few inch of pipe indoors under the lav, gut feeling is to
connect it as far from the actual pot as possible, are there rules?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/03/2020 15:22, R D S wrote:
Ideally I need to connect a sink waste to a soil pipe, it's 3 inch.
Does a 3 inch strap on boss exist? Because I can't find one.

There are 82mm..... that could work.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/03/2020 15:25, R D S wrote:
On 16/03/2020 15:22, R D S wrote:
Ideally I need to connect a sink waste to a soil pipe, it's 3 inch.
Does a 3 inch strap on boss exist? Because I can't find one.

There are 82mm..... that could work.

That will work, why are we calling 82mm pipe '3 inch'?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/03/2020 15:35, Jimk wrote:
R D S Wrote in message:
On 16/03/2020 15:25, R D S wrote:
On 16/03/2020 15:22, R D S wrote:
Ideally I need to connect a sink waste to a soil pipe, it's 3 inch.
Does a 3 inch strap on boss exist? Because I can't find one.

There are 82mm..... that could work.

That will work, why are we calling 82mm pipe '3 inch'?

I.D. ?

Mebbe...
But still, if we are going to pick internal or external as a way of
describing pipe, it would be handy if it was the same for imperial and
metric.

Anyway, i've stopped looking for a 3 inch/75mm (or 76mm) boss.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

R D S wrote:

Ideally I need to connect a sink waste to a soil pipe, it's 3 inch.
Does a 3 inch strap on boss exist? Because I can't find one.

definitely 3" or could it be 82mm ?

And if I can't find a suitable boss....
Would it be a terrible idea to drill a suitable sized hold in the soil
pipe and just ram the boss adapter in?

probably.

By adapter i'm talking about this,
https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-...m-5-pack/89174

Also do we care where we connect it?
There's a few inch of pipe indoors under the lav, gut feeling is to
connect it as far from the actual pot as possible, are there rules?

if the flow from pipes is "opposed" into the stack, there's a minimum
offset, if not opposed, I don't think there's a limit

Part H will tell you

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/442889/BR_PDF_AD_H_2015.pdf

Posted to uk.d-i-y

3-inch strap on boss?

I've heard of plenty of things that are "strap-on" (oo er!) but never a boss
before. Is it a way of converting an ordinary worker into an instant
manager? ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

R D S Wrote in message:

--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 16 March 2020 15:22:55 UTC, R D S wrote:
Ideally I need to connect a sink waste to a soil pipe, it's 3 inch.
Does a 3 inch strap on boss exist? Because I can't find one.

And if I can't find a suitable boss....
Would it be a terrible idea to drill a suitable sized hold in the soil
pipe and just ram the boss adapter in?

By adapter i'm talking about this,
https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-...m-5-pack/89174

Also do we care where we connect it?
There's a few inch of pipe indoors under the lav, gut feeling is to
connect it as far from the actual pot as possible, are there rules?

I would insert a full size tee or Y-piece and reduce the branch down.
Much stronger option.

drilling cast iron soil pipe for strap on boss? dennis@home UK diy 4 April 9th 08 04:25 PM
Can a 110mm strap boss be attached to top surface of horizontal waste pipe ? Ian_m[_2_] UK diy 5 March 14th 08 10:37 AM
Strap boss for 3.5" cast iron pipe Mr Uncalled-For UK diy 27 August 22nd 07 12:00 PM
Strap On Boss Lenny Brown UK diy 4 January 29th 06 10:49 PM
100mm Strap Boss - does such a thing exist Charlie UK diy 4 March 11th 05 01:16 PM