Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Yet another smart meter question

On Mon, 17 Feb 2020 14:48:20 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

snip more weird sh1t from TNP

I am less inclined to do that in this case since he can post content of
interest when distracted from his pet obsessions.

Well, how very gracious of you. ;-)

And by 'pet obsessions' you include not being happy being scammed out
on the EU by a minority of the electorate and for no good reason (or
I'm guessing one would have stated it by now)?

A 'pet obsession' being to contest any un-democratic gamble we are
tricked into by a vocal minority, taking advantage of the gullibility
and general ignorance of the great unwashed?

And this *isn't* the same as any general or local election where any
outcome is unlikely to have such a negative impact as Brexit, should
the crossed fingers not work as hoped.

If you have the answer, if you can give me an answer that takes in the
bigger picture and based on fact that shows me (and the other 2/3rd of
the electorate who didn't actually vote to leave), how it's so clear
to you, what we have missed by leaving, I'm sure we would all be very
pleased to find out!

And that means anything you come up with, can't be just as easily
countered by anyone else who knows equally little about it (the bigger
picture) as the vast majority do (and especially those with no
agenda).

The only *principle* we can all probably agree on is that the world is
over populated but a knee-jerk reaction like leaving the EU *now*
isn't necessarily the right way to deal with it (for the UK etc).

'Having full control of our borders' is meaningless if the numbers
continue to rise and we have to make exceptions for all the people we
need, as that's what was actually happening anyway (natural supply and
demand) without all the cost of this extra pointless (therefore,
points) system.

Cheers, T i m