Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default G9 Lampholder

One of these has burned out. Any ideas as to how to remove and replace?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/atd46k6y7v...1_DRO.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/970pjdoc01...3_DRO.jpg?dl=0

It is a G9 holder in a 5 branch fitting.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/02/2020 11:15, John wrote:
One of these has burned out. Any ideas as to how to remove and replace?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/atd46k6y7v...1_DRO.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/970pjdoc01...3_DRO.jpg?dl=0

It is a G9 holder in a 5 branch fitting.

bulb simply pullss out
new bulb pushes in BUT must use supplied sleeve to prevent skin sweat
on the glass envelope

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote in
:

On 20/02/2020 11:15, John wrote:
One of these has burned out. Any ideas as to how to remove and
replace?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/atd46k6y7v...03851_DRO.jpg?
dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/970pjdoc01...03813_DRO.jpg?
dl=0

It is a G9 holder in a 5 branch fitting.

bulb simply pullss out
new bulb pushes in BUT must use supplied sleeve to prevent skin
sweat
on the glass envelope

Sorry - I meant the Lampholder has burned out due to a bit of arcing
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/02/2020 11:15, John wrote:
One of these has burned out. Any ideas as to how to remove and
replace?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/atd46k6y7v...03851_DRO.jpg?
dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/970pjdoc01...03813_DRO.jpg?
dl=0

It is a G9 holder in a 5 branch fitting.

bulb simply pullss out
new bulb pushes in BUT must use supplied sleeve to prevent skin
sweat
on the glass envelope

Sorry - I meant the Lampholder has burned out due to a bit of arcing

Generally, the holders are held in place by two small screws or
sometimes rivets. The holders tend to be similar in basic style- ie
interchangeable and you can buy them on Ebay. I've swapped ones which
have screws and seen some with rivets but not needed to replace them.

HELP please: Replacing Lampholder fixture PawsForThought Home Repair 10 January 4th 07 02:19 PM
Y adaptor for 2 bulbs in celing pendant lampholder? Alex UK diy 135 December 20th 06 04:53 PM
installation of leviton porcelain lampholder chaos Home Repair 5 December 19th 05 12:58 PM
external lampholder ?? p cooper UK diy 0 June 16th 05 01:26 PM
Bayonet lampholder for outside lantern? Mike Abbott UK diy 5 February 13th 05 10:15 PM