Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Which fill/grab adhesive...

On 03/02/2020 09:52, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 2 Feb 2020 20:05:34 +0000, R D S wrote:

... is your favourite?

I was in our local independent shed and got some Gripfill.
I wanted to stick some backboxes to a wall, get them lined up nicely and
then plug and screw when they were stuck.

It took a week to go off!

Gripfill (full fat).

The stuff in the green carton? That's what I was using.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 8 Feb 2020 08:13:04 +0000, R D S wrote:

On 03/02/2020 09:52, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 2 Feb 2020 20:05:34 +0000, R D S wrote:

... is your favourite?

I was in our local independent shed and got some Gripfill.
I wanted to stick some backboxes to a wall, get them lined up nicely and
then plug and screw when they were stuck.

It took a week to go off!

Gripfill (full fat).

The stuff in the green carton? That's what I was using.

Yeah, I think that's the 'full fat' one I use.

I thing that is an issue with Gripfill is when it's used in any
thickness. Eg, if you had put a blob of Gripfill on the back of the
metal box and they squished it up against a clean / dry brick wall and
propped / taped it there for 24 hours, the next day you could probably
have hung off of it.

If you end up with any real thickness that is supposed to actually
hold something (as in bond rather than fill) then I would probably
either 1) leave it a long time before relying on it or b) use
something you mix up that cures using a chemical reaction (two part
epoxy, body filler etc).

Daughter has used this stuff:

https://www.toolstation.com/big-boy-...-filler/p96113

To repair holes and fastening for say a curtain pole and said it works
very well (and sets very fast so you need to work fast). ;-)

Another way to speed-up Gripfill when you need a large gap filled is
to use a suitable spacer, forming a sandwich.

Cheers, T i m

Which grab adhesive? pete UK diy 9 February 18th 11 09:30 AM
Grab adhesive in screw top tubes The Medway Handyman UK diy 5 April 27th 08 03:08 PM
grab adhesive (removal) Fred UK diy 0 December 20th 07 05:57 PM
Cerafix Grabs Like Nails/ B&Q Exterior Grab Adhesive (information) jim UK diy 0 August 16th 06 11:32 AM
'Wudcare' fast grab instant wood adhesive Alex UK diy 0 October 19th 05 10:09 PM